User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Trump is going to likely exacerbate the current health crisis by banning vaping. It’s been coming to light that black market products are likely the cause. Banning rather than implementing more common sense regulations will just drive the whole industry underground where they will no longer need to adhere to any FDA guidelines. The current health crisis resulting from people vaping fluids containing vitamin E oils could get worse. Hate to make a slippery slope argument but historically, prohibition rarely gets the intended public health results. Plus it’s going to lead to a tax free industry rather than a well regulated and well taxed one.
    Smile, you son of a [BOOM]….YEEEEAAAHHHHHH!

-M. Brody

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

-M. Brody

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

450 illnesses (6 of them actual deaths). 35,000,000 people vaping. That’s about .0013 %

Compare to alcohol related deaths. Or automobile related deaths.

-M. Brody

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I've only seen criticism of unregulated products.

Also, I read exactly zero percent of this thread.
    My work is done here.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

People know the risks; it's not the role of government to play babysitter or parent. More people die in swimming pool accidents; maybe we should ban water and big holes in the ground.
    Fact checkers find that Tellenbach is right 99.98% of the time on Mondays between 2:00 am and 2:01 am and 100% accurate when he's sitting on the toilet at all times.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Not the end of the world with this ban. I'll live, but I am concerned about some older lifelong smokers I know who were in fact able to give up smoking by replacing it with vaping. Some of these people had tried everything from quitting cold turkey, to chewing Nicorette gum, to wearing nicotine patches. I fear they will return to smoking combustible cigarettes if they're unable to go cold turkey after Trump's imminent ban. Vaping may not be a healthy pastime, but it's still less deadly than cigarettes.
    Well, you can thank the tobacco lobby for this - they've gone at it hard since Trump was inaugurated.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Might as well ban pit-bulls as well. They're far more dangerous than e-cigs, no?

Pit bulls bite more humans than other breeds

In the 13-year period from 2005 to 2017, pit bulls killed 283 Americans.
    In the 10 years from 2009 to 2018, pit bulls killed or maimed 3,569 people in the USA and Canada.
    Fact checkers find that Tellenbach is right 99.98% of the time on Mondays between 2:00 am and 2:01 am and 100% accurate when he's sitting on the toilet at all times.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Vaping has helped me quit smoking. Now of course if you buy some shitty liquid from some shady dude off the street yes it might be dangerous - instead buy from people who might actually have something to lose from selling tainted juice. Vaping is just a vaporizer + a liquid - the liquid COULD contain poison, like... any liquid..ever. One could put poison in a cigarette and oh surprise, it would kill people (faster). yet for some reason cigarettes are still legal. For that matter you can add poison to water, are we going to outlaw water too?

Banning vaping, overall, would get much more people killed. On the 'bright' side the g0vs would rack up more tax money - so ya know, more money for 'public servant'. Also, let people do what they will to their own bodies. Can g0vs please quit acting like we are children - it's aggravating.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Well, you can thank the tobacco lobby for this - they've gone at it hard since Trump was inaugurated.
    Yep. And companies like RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris will now be able to corner the market with their own lines of shitty pens and pods that carry a high percentage of nicotine. Funny how the ban doesn’t apply to tobacco flavored juice. Using the excuse that other flavors lure kids. Horseshit. You want to keep kids from doing it, you implement stronger regulations. They began more heavily regulating cigarettes about 20-30 years ago and there was a decline in use among younger people.

Trump is going to piss off a lot of older Republicans who have switched from cigarettes to vaping too.

-M. Brody

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Yep. And companies like RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris will now be able to corner the market with their own lines of shitty pens and pods that carry a high percentage of nicotine. Funny how the ban doesn’t apply to tobacco flavored juice. Using the excuse that other flavors lure kids. Horseshit. You want to keep kids from doing it, you implement stronger regulations. They began more heavily regulating cigarettes about 20-30 years ago and there was a decline in use among younger people.

Trump is going to piss off a lot of older Republicans who have switched from cigarettes to vaping too.
    Every person I know that vapes is over 40.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.