• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tips on easing INCREDIBLY itchy mosquito bites?

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Help me please, kind people... I’ve been munched! :boohoo:

GettyImages-150950846-700x400.jpg

^Not actually me.

I’ve tried rubbing alcohol, band aids, Cortizone cream, and Benadryl anti-itch spray; but not all at once of course. The only thing that I’ve found that helps much is charcoal mask (originally intended for faces).

Anyone have any good tips? Or horrible mosquito stories for commiseration purposes?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sprinkle salt on it and then rub ice over that. Works like a charm.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try taking allergy medicine (like benadryl in pill form). I'm not sure how well it will work on existing bites, but it'll keep new ones from bothering you.

Comiseration: they love to bite my butt.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Saliva helps. Supposedly if you don’t itch them they go away fast.

My method has always been to itch the shit out of them until they break open. Pain is preferable.

Tengri

Windex does help, as does bleach, but don't use it. (Swimming in chlorinated pools does speed up healing for bites, scratches, poison ivy)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Stab it with a lancet, squeeze out the blood, disinfect with rubbing alcohol, and cover with Nexcare waterproof tape.

Dilute tea tree oil (10%) also works short term.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chamomile lotion helps with general itchiness, ir witchhazel.

I heard pressing a very hot spoon (not so hot you burn yourself) to it breaks down the venom and it stops itching.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Just try to resist in not scratching the "problematic spot", it will heal much quicker that. Use "chemistry" if you must.

However the best solution is prevention if it is possible: don't open windows if you don't need too and wear longer light clothing if it isn't too hot.
Personally I keep assembled vacuum cleaner near by since it is quite efficient against mosquitos once you hear them. You can suck them right in the air from distance or on the ceiling, there wouldn't be any stains on the walls or your hands, plus you don't need to spray various chemistry around your place.

:)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just try to resist in not scratching the "problematic spot", it will heal much quicker that. Use "chemistry" if you must.

However the best solution is prevention if it is possible: don't open windows if you don't need too and wear longer light clothing if it isn't too hot.
Personally I keep assembled vacuum cleaner near by since it is quite efficient against mosquitos once you hear them. You can suck them right in the air from distance or on the ceiling, there wouldn't be any stains on the walls or your hands, plus you don't need to spray various chemistry around your place.

:)

They bite me through my clothing. Through my jeans! That's how they bite my butt. :( :mad: :cry: :dry:

staticundertones

MBTI Type
INFJ
Vitamin B 2 to repel, Absorbine Jr. for itching.

I have allergic reactions to most insect bites so I've tried just about everything, and I know they can scar you up pretty bad.
I have pictures of where my arms turned red and swelled up so bad from being bitten last year by tiger mosquitoes.
Citronella gives me migraines unfortunately so I don't use it very often. Peppermint oil helps with itching but it can burn your
skin. Vinegar bath could help with extreme itching. Absorbine Jr. is a muscle rub/pain reliever, and it really does work the best
for insect bites out of everything I've tried.