12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Default Bloat, Fat (or both)?

My husband is concerned about me as are my kids. But not majorly so. About 3 years ago, I saw my family doc at my husbands insistence. “Am I bloated or am I fat?” I asked him as I showed him my stomach. He seemed a little concerned and recommended me to a gastroenterologist (? stomach doctor).
    After a whole lot of nothing, I pretty much gave up on the entire thing. I have gastroparesis (slow emptying stomach). For the first time in years, my bowels have been perfect this past week. And yet I feel even more bloated AND fat.

No one answered my original question, so I am embarrassing myself and taking my image to the internet. I’m in a bikini. If such images aren’t allowed (or the risk of blinding the innocent is too great), I won’t question the deletion of this thread.

The terrible photoshopping is to hide the discolored door and wall as well as fly spots

For specifics, I *am* “fat”. I weigh 140 at 5’5”. Yet, I can make out my ribs and my stomach looks like some misshapen beer belly. I do not drink alcohol (near zero tolerance). Is it normal for ones stomach to protrude so much?

72D6ACC8-D00C-4B6E-895B-1C990A1616AA.jpg

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP

have you been checked for fibroids?
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond
    & Gentleman Jack

I am the Cat who walks by Himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Ne>Ni=Te>Ti
    ESFP 7w6 4w3 9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Nope. Not really “checked” for anything. More or less just a whole lot of questions and then a liquid diet for nearly 3 months. I lost 15 pounds, while on it, but I don’t really remember the bloat going away.
    I think I’m going to have to insist on, at the least, an ultrasound. No one even bothered to do that.

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP

Get checked for fibroids too.
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond
    & Gentleman Jack

I am the Cat who walks by Himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Ne>Ni=Te>Ti
    ESFP 7w6 4w3 9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

What does that entail? Hmmm... gonna go google now.
    Thank you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

It better not be fibroids or I will be HIGHLY upset.
    Back in 2000, I started getting stricken with debilitating lower back pain around the time of my period. It was so bad my hubby ordered an MRI (or CT- can’t recall now). It showed nothing.
    I went to my OBGYN think endometriosis.
    But once I started Prozac for anxiety, I noticed the back pain pretty much disappeared. Hmmm. Curious, I thought.

It was around TS time though, that I started moving less and less. The pain would still randomly show up.
    Then I started sitting on my legs because my thighs hurt so much. Went to Dr’s who ordered X-Rays. Meh- a little bit of arthritis but nothing more.

Now I walk with a limp because I’ve messed my knee up from my weird sitting habits.

It would be really nice to finally be able to say AHA!, but life seldom works out that way lol.
    Now to find a competent doctor.
    When I turned 40, my OB said I only needed a pap once every 5 years from there on out (but a yearly mammogram). I don’t think I trust her anymore after hearing otherwise.

Anyhow.... sorry for rambling.

**EDIT**
    Oops. Forgot a link I found which contributed to the rambling rant.
    Can Fibroids Cause Weight Gain? - CareNet Medical Group

did you ever used to weigh a lot? just looks like loose skin to me. i know pregnancy can do this to a degree too but yeah it can be compounded by having been overweight too at one point. i'm not a medical professional though.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What other symptoms do you have?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I was underweight until I hit my 30's.
    I was so tiny in Middle School, that a teacher used to follow me to the restroom because she was certain I was making myself throw up. To this day, I'm still a little self-conscious if I have to go pee after I eat.
    High School wasn't much better. People asked me if I did drugs or if I had cancer or AIDS.
    By the time I was 18, I finally weighed 98 pounds and I pretty much stayed there.
    I had 4 kids. I got up to about 120 with each of them, and after each of them I went right back down to 98.

I've been constipated almost my entire life. I used to squat on the toilet seat when I was a kid. Now I have to... TMI warning:
    I didn't learn that trick until around the age of 23-ish.

Way more than anyone would ever want to know:

My diet isn't varying by much... I eat the same things until I can no longer tolerate something or I burn out, then I switch to something else for many months, rinse and repeat.
    But, I tend to listen to my cravings and moods. If I'm angry and have low energy, I tend to crave meat. Other times, I crave weird stuff like boiled peanuts lol.
    I have to avoid fiber.
    Currently, I've been eating Ramen for breakfast (cereal and oatmeal started causing too much pain). I snack on cracker chips (Ritz Toasted Chips) or potato chips throughout the day. For dinner, I usually have a Burger King or Taco Bell (grilled chicken, fries or rings- or a burrito). Before bed, I eat Vienna Sausages (a new weird craving lol) or drink a Boost.

I have a VERY low thirst drive. I'll drink either one 16 ounce bottle of water or soda throughout the day. When Speedway's machine is working, though, I have a 64 ounce Frozen Coke. When it's not, I drink a large frozen coke from BK. So, c 80oz fluids on a great day; c 36oz lately.

*When I eat something I shouldn't (OR I skip too many meals), it feels as though someone punched me in the gut right below where the ribs meet. I will double over.
    **My blood work always comes back excellent, with the exception of D.
    ***I hate going to the Dr. I once went 10 or 12 years between pelvic exams. When something becomes worrisome, I'll see a Dr, who then refers me to a different one, who refers me to another until I give up for another several years.

MBTI
    IXTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Do you take any vitamins? Have you ever tried probiotics (greek yogurt, kombucha, kevita)?

Usually its harder to pass bowel movement if you eat zero fiber, but you can get fiber without eating anything (that tasteless supplement you add to water. Fruit like dried figs have a LOT of fiber, as do blueberries. Not eating fiber is causing the bowel problems. Also, consuming black coffee will loosen you up.