123 Last

MBTI
    ANFJ
    Enneagram
    8v7 sx
    Socionics
    EIIE None

Default Females Treating Their Bodies Like Male Treat Their Bodies

You may see a lot of females have shaved their bodies except for their scalp, wear makeup, have high heels on, put fancy shoes on, and/or cover their bodies with stereotypically feminine clothes such as bras, flowery shirts, dresses, burqas, etc. What do you think of the health of a female that does not shave at all, does not wear makeup, never wears high heels, and covers her body with stereotypically masculine clothes such as suits, ties, etc?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Health in what sense? I don't think it's unhealthy to not wear certain clothes or not shave or not wear high heels or makeup.

It may send a message to others about the person's social/political identification, or maybe how comfortable they feel with being identified as feminine, but neither of those things even necessarily are true. I suppose it could communicate either lack of awareness or else deliberate choice to not conform.

In a practical sense, not wearing bras may not always be a comfortable or optimal option, depending on size and type of work. That's about it.
    Last edited by fidelia; 04-19-2019 at 08:41 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shinedowness View Post
    You may see a lot of females have shaved their bodies except for their scalp, wear makeup, have high heels on, put fancy shoes on, and/or cover their bodies with stereotypically feminine clothes such as bras, flowery shirts, dresses, burqas, etc. What do you think of the health of a female that does not shave at all, does not wear makeup, never wears high heels, and covers her body with stereotypically masculine clothes such as suits, ties, etc?
    Insufficient data. I would need to know about her diet, fitness level, sleep habits, medical conditions and how well they are managed, etc. I can say that high heels are bad for one's feet, and makeup can be hard on the skin over time, so avoiding those might have some small health benefits.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

My daughter-in-law is such a person, except for the shaving bit. She hates hair and shaves everything except her head. She identifies as more masculine, though.
    My second son is transitioning into a woman and shaves, wears girly clothes, has her hair long etc.
    Then there's me. I shave because I'm in pain if I don't. I would even have a buzz cut if my husband wasn't so against it. I wear makeup only a few times a year because it tends to break me out. I can't remember the last time I wore heels (I prefer sandals). I do dress pretty girly though (I love skirts).

So, what exactly are you asking? Because this is in health and fitness and not in sexuality, I'm a bit confused. Are you asking about the persons mental health?
    If so, how does the person identify (gender wise)? If the person is living as the opposite gender, you have to ask yourself why does it matter and how close are you to the person? What are your own views and how much do they matter to you?

If not, then different strokes for different folks. Everyone has their own level of comfort and preference. I can't see how it could be physically harmful.

Oh yes... as for bras
    I always joke and say: "Bras are medieval torture devices invented by men to keep women down!" I despise bras.
    I've never been big chested though. As with heels, I can't remember when I last wore a proper bra. (I always wear an undershirt and a crocheted vest over my shirt, because Lord have mercy if anyone sees the outline of a nipple Yes. I make fun of my own modesty but I can't change it nor do I seriously want to.)
    Again, everyone has their own needs and preferences.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

2 things:
    I think I saw her that particular chick at a lesbian bar.
    I think a woman can do as she pleases as long as she doesn't hurt anyone, same goes for guys.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Wood Elf Wanderer... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sx

Different aesthetics?
    With all due respect,
    -Eryn Silverfrond,
    & Gentleman Jack.

I am the Cat who walks by Himself; and all places are alike to me
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Ne>Ni=Te>Ti
    ESFP 7w6 2w3 9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

How does any of this impact heath?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Sober revelations Hummingbird Spirit's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESi None

For one, I don't get why a woman must wear makeup to be feminine. Don't get me wrong - almost every girl at my workplace wears makeup for wearing makeup, but I don't wear makeup to make me look "prettier." I don't need makeup to look halfway decent. I'll wear foundation or something to interviews or something to be proper but otherwise, I have worn makeup maybe twice in the entire time I've been working. I have to desire to do my makeup and even so I wear makeup for the artistic expression moreso than to be pretty. So it isn't to impress you.

I am trying to get better with shaving. It is an annoying inconvenience to me. I don't normally wear shorts so usually it feels like shaving is pointless - no one looks at my legs anyway. But nair is awesome at this rate lol.

And by the initial conversation, it also feels like the starter of this thread had never seen a tomboy. Yes! tomboy girls exist. they aren't even gender neutral or anything - they just don't seem that feminine. and I am sure they can be as healthy or unhealthy as anyone else, because health actually had nothing to do with dress. Actually, in general, makeup and shit has so many chemicals they might be better off than someone who does doll themselves up to death.
    These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence:
    the connections—sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent—that happened after I was gone.
    And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it.
    The events my death brought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future.
    The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.
    Likes Zhaylin, Novella, The Tsarevich liked this post

Backreading, others are taking mental health into account, but physical health is what popped into my mind first. I clicked this thread, expecting something hardcore like hell workout regimes, protein shakes, and living off barely raw meat, or being absolutely careless and doing something like taking supplements specifically meant for men (which can interfere with hormone production and the woman's physical health). I don't see how something as trivial as clothing could impact health, if anything, I'd imagine that men's clothes would be 'safer' to wear since a lot of them are geared to actual utility and comfort. I can't speak for things like makeup, because I know nothing about them. For my personal opinion, if I saw a woman dressing as a man, didn't shave, etc- I would not question it, and would make nothing of it. I don't quite think it has any kind of general health implications, so whatever my opinions are, they wouldn't go there.
    全世界共通の快楽
    Likes Luminous, Zhaylin, The Tsarevich liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Backreading, others are taking mental health into account, but physical health is what popped into my mind first. I clicked this thread, expecting something hardcore like hell workout regimes, protein shakes, and living off barely raw meat, or being absolutely careless and doing something like taking supplements specifically meant for men (which can interfere with hormone production and the woman's physical health). I don't see how something as trivial as clothing could impact health, if anything, I'd imagine that men's clothes would be 'safer' to wear since a lot of them are geared to actual utility and comfort. I can't speak for things like makeup, because I know nothing about them. For my personal opinion, if I saw a woman dressing as a man, didn't shave, etc- I would not question it, and would make nothing of it. I don't quite think it has any kind of general health implications, so whatever my opinions are, they wouldn't go there.
    I find it hard to see how someone's mental health is served by adopting pretenses just to please others, except perhaps in passing to achieve some meaningful purpose (e.g. following dress and grooming expectations for a job interview).
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...