• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Females Treating Their Bodies Like Male Treat Their Bodies

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You may see a lot of females have shaved their bodies except for their scalp, wear makeup, have high heels on, put fancy shoes on, and/or cover their bodies with stereotypically feminine clothes such as bras, flowery shirts, dresses, burqas, etc. What do you think of the health of a female that does not shave at all, does not wear makeup, never wears high heels, and covers her body with stereotypically masculine clothes such as suits, ties, etc?

Seems like a lifestyle choice rather than anything to do with health or gender.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gender-based differences that are real will remain. Those that are forced will fall away. This will result in more diversity, not less.

Agreed, though I'd also argue that some of the 'real' ones may change given enough time. Also what many believe are 'real' differences are simply societal and cultural.

Edit: Thinking out loud, we adapt to our environments, if this changes we can evolve physically as well as psychologically. Sometimes it can be a very obvious change, for example if intersexed conditions became not only accepted but revered we might find that through selective mating (for want of a better word) we would encourage these genetics to flourish... in this way society could have a direct impact on the physiology of sexes.... of course this would be a very small percentage... but interesting to think about the different ways society could impact evolution.

Lark

Gender-based differences that are real will remain. Those that are forced will fall away. This will result in more diversity, not less.

It boils down to the differences between sex and gender but beyond that indovidual differences are even greater

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It boils down to the differences between sex and gender but beyond that indovidual differences are even greater
I would like a dollar for every time I have expressed this sentiment.

Lark

I would like a dollar for every time I have expressed this sentiment.

Well, I meant that they could be more important rather than some sort of denial of the importance of sex and gender altogether if that's what you're meaning.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I meant that they could be more important rather than some sort of denial of the importance of sex and gender altogether if that's what you're meaning.
I do deny the importance of gender differences relative to other individual differences, unless one is interested in reproduction. I do not deny their existence.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You may see a lot of females have shaved their bodies except for their scalp, wear makeup, have high heels on, put fancy shoes on, and/or cover their bodies with stereotypically feminine clothes such as bras, flowery shirts, dresses, burqas, etc. What do you think of the health of a female that does not shave at all, does not wear makeup, never wears high heels, and covers her body with stereotypically masculine clothes such as suits, ties, etc?

Hmm, let's see...

Shaving is nice but not always needed to preserve good hygiene, makeup is too much of a hassle, high heels hurt like shit, and "stereotypically masculine" clothes feel far more comfortable than dresses sometimes.

Anyway, it doesn't fucking matter. Let a woman do what a woman wants to do.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I opened this thinking it was going to be about taking men's vitamins or taking steroids and doing extreme weight lifting. Alas. It is someone who has internalized the contemporary Western understanding of femininity, asking about all those scary lunatic females that don't conform to it. No makeup. Gasp! They must be sickly. No shaving. Gasp! Must be dirty. Suit and tie? Must be mentally ill.

For the record, I'm one of those scary lunatic females--unshaven, unmade-up, un-heeled, unadorned. People can fuck off about it, because I'm not wasting time conforming to someone else's idea of femininity. I AM A FREE WOMAN AND I ENJOY MY FREEDOM. That is all. Thank you.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think it has anything to do with health. It's just how people want to present themselves. It doesn't harm anyone, so my philosophy is just to not pay too much attention to it. It is what it is.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think it has anything to do with health. It's just how people want to present themselves. It doesn't harm anyone, so my philosophy is just to not pay too much attention to it. It is what it is.

Unfortunately two replies in this thread couldn't help but mention homosexuality and mental illness. Even if nothing about it impacts their life, they must make their comments, usually followed by some proclamation about how much they don't actually care.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It’s doubtful that anyone here (myself included) is qualified to assess the health of a [real or hypothetical] female for any reason.

From what I do understand, clothing choices are not an inherent diagnostic indicator of anything, though certain types of clothing under certain environmental conditions can of course leave one vulnerable to exposure to cold temperatures (increasing risk of tissue damage from frostbite, or hypothermia), or to damaging UV rays (resulting in an increased risk of tissue damage from thermal trauma & increased risk of developing skin cancer). The wrong shoes (particularly high heels) can lead to a host of gait, spine & joint disorders/deformities down the road. Ill-fitting clothing can lead to blood clots in the legs, which can travel to the lungs & lead to pulmonary embolism. But the clothing choice itself doesn’t reveal anything about someone’s health.

Hair grooming and makeup application are not alone diagnostic indicators of anything, either. The personal reasons for these choices are myriad, and not likely to be related to any medical condition in a random human, regardless of genitalia.

In short, there is no objective evidence supporting the notion that deviation from established cultural norms [regarding personal appearance] is an indicator in & of itself of one’s overall health or functional capacity.

I don't know what you're talking about.
I've never used a fleshlight.

:laugh:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I think people would probably bring up mental health and sexuality if it were a male adhering to norms typically assigned to females (eg: shaved legs, plucked eyebrows, makeup, etc.) I'm not arguing for any of them... I imagine there would be more viscereal reactions if some of the members hadn't been fools in general and gotten themselves banned... IDK.

It's about the ability to make any choice that won't result in a gender norm backlash accompanying some strange assumptions about the hypothetical person who's simply, presumably, being themselves.

Anyway, I see makeup etc. as something that makes things in life more convenient - males can wear makeup too, just like females - in some aspects. Physical grooming or the lack thereof should be a personal choice. I think it requires some bravery and self-confidence to do what society doesn't expect of you, looks-wise.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, who cares? Let people do what they want with their own bodies. It reminds me of how the old saying was that in Judaism for example, if you got a tattoo you couldn't get buried with Jewish rites after you died...that's totally ignored now from what I know.