• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stomach bug or something more?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. No other symptoms, so probably not the flu (though maybe it is?)

Have you recently started taking any new medications?

Whatever it is, I hope it stops soon and you feel better. :hug:

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hmm. No other symptoms, so probably not the flu (though maybe it is?)

Have you recently started taking any new medications?

Whatever it is, I hope it stops soon and you feel better. :hug:

No new meds.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be concerned, too, because it would be so unusual. It probably is a virus, but you should go to a doctor if it doesn't resolve itself soon.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was probably just paranoid. I now have the runs. I blame the internet and medical dramas

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you/have you been feeling overwhelmed or stressed about something? Sometimes emotional upheaval can cause physical symptoms.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Are you/have you been feeling overwhelmed or stressed about something? Sometimes emotional upheaval can cause physical symptoms.

I was in PHP the past 2 weeks and was super anxious there every day, so part of me wonders if maybe it was just a symptom of prolonged anxiety.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sounds likely. Too much stress and anxiety can have negative effects on your gut because of how the sympathetic nervous system (stress response) inhibits the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest system). Your body sounds like it's just trying to recover from all the stress. If the symptoms still persist after a few days, I would consult a doctor. I hope you feel better soon!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It sounds likely. Too much stress and anxiety can have negative effects on your gut because of how the sympathetic nervous system (stress response) inhibits the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest system). Your body sounds like it's just trying to recover from all the stress. If the symptoms still persist after a few days, I would consult a doctor. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, yeah my mom told me that if it doesn't go away to go get a work up done.

Lark

I've experienced that but it was related to a stomach ulcer, anxiety issues etc. which is to say at the time it was happening it wasnt a mystery to me.

Try eating yogurt, milkshakes, stuff like that, if it gets really bad maybe protein drinks but it'd have to be really bad by that point.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
So the past 4 days I've been throwing up. I'll feel fine in the evening so I'll eat but when I wake up the next morning I throw up half digested food. I don't have a fever or any other symptoms just puke cramps and nausea. I'm not pregnant, that would require sex which I don't do. I'm probably being a hypochondriac and it's just some stomach thing. My mom and best friend are concerned that I'm not really digesting as much as I should. Anyone have experience with this?

An immaculate conception scenario is not off the table.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
An immaculate conception scenario is not off the table.

I'm horrified at any celestial being that would pick me to be the mother of their child

- - - Updated - - -

I've experienced that but it was related to a stomach ulcer, anxiety issues etc. which is to say at the time it was happening it wasnt a mystery to me.

Try eating yogurt, milkshakes, stuff like that, if it gets really bad maybe protein drinks but it'd have to be really bad by that point.

Yeah I'd eat yogurt halfway through the day and be fine so I'd eat dinner than puke it up the next day.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Could be tainted water. Try boiling all drinking water or use sealed bottled water and see if it helps. If you use filtered water, that could be the source of the contamination.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're in doubt, go to a doctor.

Also, make sure you're staying hydrated. Have you tried to SLOWLY drink little bits of Gatorade or some other electrolyte replenishing drink? You could also try pedialyte, but most people think it's disgusting.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i only threw up half an avocado today, i'm cured. thanks everyone. Turns out i was paranoid for no reason. but i'm never sick and never sick longer than a day