User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: CBD Oil

MBTI
    ISTx

Default CBD Oil

I haven't posted here in a long ass time, so HELLO everyone.

I just wanted to start a general discussion on CBD oil and was curious to know results from anyone that uses/has used it. I know it can be used to treat a myriad of things. I was more so curious about its usage in respect to anxiety/depression/well being. Also, my mother has always dealt with chronic migraines that she suffers from numerous times per week and has really never been able to find a fix for it. I kind of casually mentioned her possibly giving it a try, but I don't know for sure if CBD oil could be beneficial for a problem such as that or not.

Anyways, just wanting to hear general reviews/results.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hey there! Haven't seen you around here for a long time.

My only experience with CBD oil has been with the father of one of my friends. He lives in a nursing home where we visit weekly and was in very bad shape from the medication he was taking to treat his dementia and its side effects. He had been on respiradone (an anti psychotic) and another medication as well to do with his memory. He wasn't really able to engage in conversations with us anymore, slept a lot, didn't really interact, etc. The family got his prescription switched to CBD oil (the kind that has THC in it) and within a week, it was like he was a new man. I've never seen results that dramatic before.

From what I understand, there are different kinds of CBD oil that you can get. Some contain THC and are made from marijuana plants. Other CBD oil does not because it is made with hemp plants. Don't know if my understanding of it is correct or not. Anecdotally, I know of other people that have been taking CBD oil or edibles since Canada just legalized pot in general, which has made it easier to get various forms of it and has made prescriptions of it more commonplace and they have been really pleased with the results.
    Likes swordpath liked this post

werewolf of london Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

My sister's tried it, but it didn't seem to help her that much. For what it's worth, her problems are pretty severe.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes swordpath, SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I recently tried the tincture for a few days. Someone gave me the tail end of their bottle, so I could try it. I have complex chronic pain syndrome. I think it made a difference, enough that I've been looking into where to order more.

I tried the stuff without THC, which is legal all the U.S.. I think even if it's derived from marijuana? Not sure. But for sure from hemp. What fid stated is my understanding as well.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?
    Likes The Great Pumpkin, swordpath liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I’ve started using it a couple of times... helps keep my anxiety in check.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I do not use CBD oil directly for anxiety.. I use it for pain but I do notice that when I do am more relaxed. While I am not an anxious person I am very impatient and CBD oil definitely helps me to be less so.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I do not use CBD oil directly for anxiety.. I use it for pain but I do notice that when I do am more relaxed. While I am not an anxious person I am very impatient and CBD oil definitely helps me to be less so.
    So for pain, does it seem slightly helpful, significantly helpful, extremely helpful?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

I've tried it for pain. I have Ehler's-Danlos and the geneticist that dx'd me actually recommended CBD. It does help. It doesn't help me as much when I'm experiencing acute-on-chronic pain. It tends to get cancelled out or only works for a short while. This is just my experience and I've heard others say it does fine with a variety of pain.

I found that it helps with migraines. I take Excedrin but it hasn't been working as well as it was in the past. Usually just one CBD chew helps to clear up the rest of the pain.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    So for pain, does it seem slightly helpful, significantly helpful, extremely helpful?
    It works well for migraines but for things like muscle/joint pain, not so much. I think mostly what it does is make me relaxed enough to feel okay sitting around and not doing enough to exacerbate it.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

I've never done CBD but I found this article New York City's CBD Crackdown Is Only the Beginning - The Atlantic

tl;dr it's illegal to put cbd in food and sale it but you can do that at home. all other forms are legal. so no worries.