• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CBD Oil

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I haven't posted here in a long ass time, so HELLO everyone.

I just wanted to start a general discussion on CBD oil and was curious to know results from anyone that uses/has used it. I know it can be used to treat a myriad of things. I was more so curious about its usage in respect to anxiety/depression/well being. Also, my mother has always dealt with chronic migraines that she suffers from numerous times per week and has really never been able to find a fix for it. I kind of casually mentioned her possibly giving it a try, but I don't know for sure if CBD oil could be beneficial for a problem such as that or not.

Anyways, just wanting to hear general reviews/results.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey there! Haven't seen you around here for a long time.

My only experience with CBD oil has been with the father of one of my friends. He lives in a nursing home where we visit weekly and was in very bad shape from the medication he was taking to treat his dementia and its side effects. He had been on respiradone (an anti psychotic) and another medication as well to do with his memory. He wasn't really able to engage in conversations with us anymore, slept a lot, didn't really interact, etc. The family got his prescription switched to CBD oil (the kind that has THC in it) and within a week, it was like he was a new man. I've never seen results that dramatic before.

From what I understand, there are different kinds of CBD oil that you can get. Some contain THC and are made from marijuana plants. Other CBD oil does not because it is made with hemp plants. Don't know if my understanding of it is correct or not. Anecdotally, I know of other people that have been taking CBD oil or edibles since Canada just legalized pot in general, which has made it easier to get various forms of it and has made prescriptions of it more commonplace and they have been really pleased with the results.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My sister's tried it, but it didn't seem to help her that much. For what it's worth, her problems are pretty severe.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently tried the tincture for a few days. Someone gave me the tail end of their bottle, so I could try it. I have complex chronic pain syndrome. I think it made a difference, enough that I've been looking into where to order more.

I tried the stuff without THC, which is legal all the U.S.. I think even if it's derived from marijuana? Not sure. But for sure from hemp. What fid stated is my understanding as well.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’ve started using it a couple of times... helps keep my anxiety in check. :) :heart:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I do not use CBD oil directly for anxiety.. I use it for pain but I do notice that when I do am more relaxed. While I am not an anxious person I am very impatient and CBD oil definitely helps me to be less so.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I do not use CBD oil directly for anxiety.. I use it for pain but I do notice that when I do am more relaxed. While I am not an anxious person I am very impatient and CBD oil definitely helps me to be less so.

So for pain, does it seem slightly helpful, significantly helpful, extremely helpful?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've tried it for pain. I have Ehler's-Danlos and the geneticist that dx'd me actually recommended CBD. It does help. It doesn't help me as much when I'm experiencing acute-on-chronic pain. It tends to get cancelled out or only works for a short while. This is just my experience and I've heard others say it does fine with a variety of pain.

I found that it helps with migraines. I take Excedrin but it hasn't been working as well as it was in the past. Usually just one CBD chew helps to clear up the rest of the pain.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
So for pain, does it seem slightly helpful, significantly helpful, extremely helpful?

It works well for migraines but for things like muscle/joint pain, not so much. I think mostly what it does is make me relaxed enough to feel okay sitting around and not doing enough to exacerbate it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It works very well on a variety of symptoms/ailments. I gave it to my son for anxiety and it was helpful, I also tried it myself when anxious and noticed a calming/relaxing effect. My mother has taken it for chronic pain and it has helped her. I know numerous people who use it, all with benefit. It is also supposed to help with epilepsy and a whole plethora of other things.

Edit: There are various strengths available, the stronger it is the less you need to take. I have only tried the one without THC since THC is the psychoactive 'high' element and not as likely to help reduce stress.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION]. I have Ehlers-Danlos as well. Type 3 (Hypermobility). Over the decades, I've either acclimated to or accommodated most of the pain. (I've gotten used to my joint pain, for the most part. My back pain, however, is debilitating, so I just don't move lol :dry::BangHead:)

I've had headaches (seemingly) just about every day since I hit puberty. But last year, they stepped up their game and became severe. Out of desperation, I went to my vape shop and asked them about CBD. Pot makes me VERY sick. Even the so-called good stuff makes me feel severely "motion sick".
The CBD I chose was something like 250mg with NO THC (which I think is still illegal in my state anyhow).
It doesn't work very well as a vape. It gunks up my coil too quickly. With the shop owners suggestion, I just put a couple drops under my tongue.

It makes me very relaxed and sleepy and lowers the intensity of the headache... for about 30 minutes :doh:
It did save my sanity when there were no other options (my Dr recently put me on migraine meds which works MUCH better).

My mom recently bought some CBD cream to use for some of her pains and she swears by it. I may try some one of these days, but I've not found any in my state (I'm in WV, she's in FL, but she found the cream in North or South Carolina lol). I can't make on-line purchases because I don't have a bank credit/debit card (how they verify your age, I think). My pre-paid debit card doesn't work for CBD.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hey, [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION]. I have Ehlers-Danlos as well. Type 3 (Hypermobility). Over the decades, I've either acclimated to or accommodated most of the pain. (I've gotten used to my joint pain, for the most part. My back pain, however, is debilitating, so I just don't move lol :dry::BangHead:)

I've had headaches (seemingly) just about every day since I hit puberty. But last year, they stepped up their game and became severe. Out of desperation, I went to my vape shop and asked them about CBD. Pot makes me VERY sick. Even the so-called good stuff makes me feel severely "motion sick".
The CBD I chose was something like 250mg with NO THC (which I think is still illegal in my state anyhow).
It doesn't work very well as a vape. It gunks up my coil too quickly. With the shop owners suggestion, I just put a couple drops under my tongue.

It makes me very relaxed and sleepy and lowers the intensity of the headache... for about 30 minutes :doh:
It did save my sanity when there were no other options (my Dr recently put me on migraine meds which works MUCH better).

My mom recently bought some CBD cream to use for some of her pains and she swears by it. I may try some one of these days, but I've not found any in my state (I'm in WV, she's in FL, but she found the cream in North or South Carolina lol). I can't make on-line purchases because I don't have a bank credit/debit card (how they verify your age, I think). My pre-paid debit card doesn't work for CBD.

Do you mean where it makes you SO dizzy that you’re too afraid to even try and stand up? If I eat even a half of ...whatever size the chocolates are get SO dizzy that I sometimes wonder if I’m going to die from it. So i just curl up on my bed in the tightest ball possible, covering my head and whining “ Staaaaahp!”

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YES, exactly, @ Yuu. Only, I become so dizzy that I feel like vomiting everywhere :shock:
The vape shop owners told me I'm likely sensitive to the THC and that the CBD shouldn't have that effect; and sure enough, it didn't.

Only, heh, when I get severe vertigo like that, the last thing I want to do is close my eyes. It makes things worse. Instead, I lay in bed with one foot on the ground (something I learned from the few times I had too much to drink rofl). Having a foot on the ground helps stabilize me and hinders the spinning a bit.
Not closing my eyes is something I learned from having car sickness all my life. Instead, I find a spot to focus on.

So yeah, NO THC for me, please :rofl1:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I take 25 mg CBD oil twice a day. This is a relatively high dose for someone my size but isn't atypical for management of chronic pain.

What I've noticed most directly is an improvement in my sleep, better ability to remember my dreams, and reduced overall anxiety and depression. It's more difficult to gauge how much it helps with pain because that can fluctuate so much anyway, and I've been off my normal medication for about two months. When I'm truly suffering, I'll still turn to ibuprofen because it's what works the best for me. I intuitively feel though that the CBD oil is helping to manage my pain overall.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm sorry to hear that. EDS isn't fun at all. I hear you on the joint pain. I've learned to live with it too, but there's some days when it overrides my ability to keep it out of focus. I live in WA state so access is pretty easy.

I've used amitriptyline and topiramate for EDS and I like CBD better.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
THANKFULLY, I have a pretty easy time of it. When I was a kid, I called it "glorified double-jointedness" lol.
Now, I'm eating those words quite a bit.
I was supposed to wear a leg brace throughout school, but I was bullied and picked on so much, I just hid it in my locker. I developed a chronic limp about 5 years ago or so. I don't know how much of that is due to the EDS or sitting on that foot for 10 hours a day :rolleyes:
I have had thigh pain for, gosh, 15 years at least. It was written off as RLS, but I finally told my new sleep Dr "that doesn't make sense. The only time the pain goes away is by sitting on one foot with the other knee pulled to my chest." He agreed and thinks it's a actually a back problem. No further tests ordered :BangHead:

I swear, if it's not one thing it's another lol :cry:

At least pot and/or CBD is becoming legal in so many places and more options are opening up. Glad you have more access and have found something that helps.
:hug:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My mother uses it to treat her insomnia. She praises it like a miracle, but she noticed that she failed multiple home drug tests after taking it despite being weed free for a year. So like, don't go job hunting if you're using it.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mother uses it to treat her insomnia. She praises it like a miracle, but she noticed that she failed multiple home drug tests after taking it despite being weed free for a year. So like, don't go job hunting if you're using it.

Do you happen to know if it was derived from hemp or marijuana? I assume CBD from hemp won't be a problem, but I actually do worry about that.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

That's why it's crucial to research companies and only choose products that were 3rd party tested with the results made easily accessible for the public.