• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CBD Oil

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you happen to know if it was derived from hemp or marijuana? I assume CBD from hemp won't be a problem, but I actually do worry about that.

It's made from hemp but apparently it's commonplace in the industry to lie about it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CBD is great. I love it.

But I think it is important to note here that CBD oil is not a cure for anything.

I've been using it for my migraines and found a substantual (almost complete) reduction in migrainal headaches. But if you take CBD oil for psychological benefits such as depression, always keep in mind and consider the reasons you might have been depressed in the first place. So that when you find that CBD oil lessens the depression, you don't forget to make an effort to compound on that benefit and take action to further improve your life. Always realize that while your depression might have become unfelt or lessened, it is probably not 'gone'.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah I got some CBD vaping liquid (based on my favorite vaping flavor) and I must say it DOES relax me.
Not sure about whether it helps me with headaches, I haven't used it much.

When it comes to vaping though it's really one of these things where you have to take a leap of faith / curiosity and shell out over 50 bucks for some tiny bottle. I thought I'd vape through it in a day at first, but I'm only half way through it 3 months after the purchase. I don't regret it though I don't find it to be particularly amazing either. Might buy again on occasion.

jamcbd_1024x1024.png

Greed

#1 thot
cbd oil looks interesting but i wonder how much of what people say about it is just placebo

Tengri

I have mixed feelings on this one. Just based on personal anecdotal evidence there's a lot in the way of placebo, faddism, and the downsides of occasional cannabis withdrawal (anxiety, insomnia, mood changes) which make it less appealing as a lifestyle choice and more of a recreational one. Personally, my body doesn't metabolize inhaled very well, but cbd gummies and tinctures are mildly relaxing, never euphoric. It's fun socially and great for bonding with people, but I really never think about it otherwise. I'd label it as mostly harmless as long as people don't peddle it as a new snake oil.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I personally respect the placebo effect for what it actually is: A unification between mind and body which improves overall state.
Something that helps you is... helping you. It's as simple as that.

Tengri

I personally respect the placebo effect for what it actually is: A unification between mind and body which improves overall state.
Something that helps you is... helping you. It's as simple as that.
"a unification between mind and body" I honestly didn't consider that aspect of it. I like that; it's a good point. If it's self-fulfilling, it's only as good or as bad as you make it for yourself. My take on placebos is that they are only as strong as your positive thinking/emotions are to improve your well-being. So there comes a point where reliance on CBD oil is really dependent on what you want from it, as opposed to for instance something psychotropic or psychedelic that will hit you regardless of your feelings for it or expectations from it. (I'm not actually denying the powerful effects of cannabis)

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep. I've said similar for decades: "Never underestimate the power of the placebo."

I first came to appreciate it in an unusual way. I desperately wanted a cigarette. I took one from my [ex] husbands pack, lit it up and immensely enjoyed nearly the entire thing. A cigarette had never tasted so good. Then I realized it was a non-menthol :rofl1: :thinking:
I would have sworn it was a menthol when I first started smoking, so I was greatly confused and then deeply amused.

I have similar problems with medication (possibly). I start taking anything with great skepticism. Then I find it works better than expected and I'm happy... for about 1-2 months and then I might as well not be taking anything. My p-doc suggests it may not be a placebo but my body adjusting to it and then rejecting it.
Whatever the case, it's exceptionally annoying.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've suffered from chronic migraines since I was 6 years old. A hereditary problem in my family. It appears to be associated with my asthma, severe seasonal allergies, and anxiety. My neurologist says that's not uncommon. I've been doing physical therapy for a few months, which helps a lot, but I can't do this forever. If CBD oil actually helps people with migraines, I'd love to know more about that.

Greed

#1 thot
i'm very interested in trying it, but the pricetag makes me a bit hesitant. i need to do some reasearch and figure out if the effects are mostly placebo are not. i haven't done any research yet.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After my annual checkup the other day, my primary care physician recommended I look into CBD oil. (She also suggested I register with my state's medical cannabis commission to get a medical marijuana card.)

Upon doing a little research, I think I have a pretty good idea of what it's all about. I tried to learn if any of the retailers selling it accept insurance, but that doesn't appear to be the case. A reputable company out of Colorado is selling the little 1 oz. bottle of their 50 mg formula for $150 before tax. Wowza.

I'm appreciative of the people who've been chiming in thus far. If I'm going to be dropping a substantial amount of cash, I need to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

staticundertones

MBTI Type
INFJ
I give the pet CBD oil from Lazarus to my elderly cat to relax her because she has a giant ear polyp that hurts her. What I've noticed for her is that she doesn't yowl all day, and she has better balance, she doesn't fall around from the equilibrium unbalance anymore.

I buy CBD oil from Medterra 3000mg (supposed to be thc free) for my grandmother who has dementia, along with bipolar disorder, ocd, anxiety, and eating disorders. Her dose is a half dropper once a day, so that's about 50mg of CBD. This has been so changing for her. I was able to take her off of all of the medications that were giving her bad side effects. She's happier, she's sleeping better, she's eating well, her weight is getting back up. She's 82 years old and has no physical health conditions, so physically she's well aside from some arthritis. I let her doctor know at her last appointment that I'd started giving her cbd oil, and she was totally satisfied with that, and with how well she's doing now. She even said if she could write a prescription for it, she would. I will say when I tried a different brand for her, full spectrum, it didn't work at all. So I guess keep in mind that the quality makes a big difference of course.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, I'd recommend the smokable CBD products if they're legal in your state, and if you can get past any stigma you might have about smoking it (it smells almost identical to THC smokables and tastes very similar). I tried some recently and I was surprised at how potent it was. It brought an almost immediate sense of relaxation, as I have problems with high anxiety. I can't even remember the last time I've felt that calm, even with using illegal THC based products. The feeling was similar to the body buzz from smoking indica strains of THC, albeit more mild psychoactive effects. But still a lot more potent than I had expected, as I'd been pretty skeptical up until then and thought of it as "fake weed" minus the psychoactive effects I enjoy with THC. Also, it felt a little "cleaner" and long-lasting than some of the various illegal THC products I've tried in the past, despite overall being far milder. However, I like this, as I don't have to deal with the sometimes unpleasant and rapid comedown that comes with unregulated, illegal street products.

I can't really speak on its full benefits for other health issues, but I can say that it really seems to help with my own anxiety and mental health. If smokables or the expensive oils aren't your thing, there's always edible versions.

Regarding CBD's cousin THC:

In my state, one can technically get a doctor's approval to use medical marijuana, and while I think it helps me (family members have noted I actually do well and seem to function better on it than off), I fear I'd need a legitimate medical diagnosis before any doctor would just agree to write me a prescription. I am an undiagnosed high functioning autistic, but there are so many disadvantages to being an adult with diagnosed autism that I don't think it's worth the trouble. (they can have autism used against them to have their kids taken away, sometimes it can lead to discrimination or even termination at work, et al)

TrueMirror

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I give the pet CBD oil from Lazarus to my elderly cat to relax her because she has a giant ear polyp that hurts her. What I've noticed for her is that she doesn't yowl all day, and she has better balance, she doesn't fall around from the equilibrium unbalance anymore.

I buy CBD oil from Medterra 3000mg (supposed to be thc free) for my grandmother who has dementia, along with bipolar disorder, ocd, anxiety, and eating disorders. Her dose is a half dropper once a day, so that's about 50mg of CBD. This has been so changing for her. I was able to take her off of all of the medications that were giving her bad side effects. She's happier, she's sleeping better, she's eating well, her weight is getting back up. She's 82 years old and has no physical health conditions, so physically she's well aside from some arthritis. I let her doctor know at her last appointment that I'd started giving her cbd oil, and she was totally satisfied with that, and with how well she's doing now. She even said if she could write a prescription for it, she would. I will say when I tried a different brand for her, full spectrum, it didn't work at all. So I guess keep in mind that the quality makes a big difference of course.

I get CBD from Medterra too. I think it helps a little with joint and muscle pain but I prefer 14:1 cbd to thc Avexia pills.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got some cbd oil gummies as a free sample. I put them to the side because they were large, candy and didn't look appetizing. I came across them last night before bed and decided to eat one, because I was hungry. It was really good so I ate the other one. I slept so good. I need some more of those things. I dont' want to pay $5 per piece so I'm going to make some.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My mom has lupus and uses it for arthritis in her hands. She is having good results with it although she has sleep issues, I wish she would try a gummie or just smoke a joint.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you tell me more about these gummies? I've heard that this stuff is better than CBD oil, because it doesn't affect the lungs. This is an important subject for me - my 73 years old granny has a lot of health problems and the doctor said that she should try CBD. I can't imagine her vaping CBD oil. She also has asthma and I think that using vape can be lethal for her.

I have ingested cbd oil in 3 different ways so far; oil out of a bottle using a dropper, capsules, and gummies. The first type I tried was oil from a bottle. I was in the research phase of cbd oil and went into a vitamin store, Apple Wellness, to check it out. The shop guy said that they had cbd oil in the price range between $40-375. I wasn't even willing to talk to him anymore knowing that there's a $400 bottle of cbd oil in the store. I told him Family Video has the Green Roads brand and it is cheaper and I'll go there. He then gave me a free sample bottle of the $40 stuff and a large dropper filled with the expensive stuff. The expensive stuff was slightly better for my sleep than the cheap stuff. When I take larger doses of the cheap stuff, it turns out to be just as good. The dropper has the problem of having to taste the nasty oil as it sits in your mouth for a moment before going down your throat. That stuff also gives me heartburn worse than any other form of ingestion (I didn't get heartburn at all before cbd oil). One of these bottles of oil was flavored with peppermint oil, which makes the heartburn even worse.

The gummies have not given me heartburn, but I probably don't eat enough of those for it to be a problem. I have tried two different brands of cbd gummies; Green Roads and Wild Theory. Green Roads initially sent 25 mg frog gummies. Those are pretty good, but I need more than 25 mg for sleep. So, I got on the Green Roads website and ordered 50 mg and 100 mg frog gummies. Those do not taste near as good, and they're about $5 each. I decided to get on the Apple Wellness website and found the Wild Theory gummies. Those are disgusting. I still have most of the jar and I try to eat them, because I bought them, but never again!

While I was on the Apple Wellness site, I decided to try out cbd oil capsules. Those work the best for me out of all the things. They're not terribly expensive and no nasty oil taste in my mouth. I'm buying the capsules off Amazon currently. The cheaper Amazon stuff is just as good as the more expensive brands most of the time.

That's all on that for now.