Thread: CBD Oil

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It works very well on a variety of symptoms/ailments. I gave it to my son for anxiety and it was helpful, I also tried it myself when anxious and noticed a calming/relaxing effect. My mother has taken it for chronic pain and it has helped her. I know numerous people who use it, all with benefit. It is also supposed to help with epilepsy and a whole plethora of other things.

Edit: There are various strengths available, the stronger it is the less you need to take. I have only tried the one without THC since THC is the psychoactive 'high' element and not as likely to help reduce stress.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Hey, @Redbone. I have Ehlers-Danlos as well. Type 3 (Hypermobility). Over the decades, I've either acclimated to or accommodated most of the pain. (I've gotten used to my joint pain, for the most part. My back pain, however, is debilitating, so I just don't move lol )

I've had headaches (seemingly) just about every day since I hit puberty. But last year, they stepped up their game and became severe. Out of desperation, I went to my vape shop and asked them about CBD. Pot makes me VERY sick. Even the so-called good stuff makes me feel severely "motion sick".
    The CBD I chose was something like 250mg with NO THC (which I think is still illegal in my state anyhow).
    It doesn't work very well as a vape. It gunks up my coil too quickly. With the shop owners suggestion, I just put a couple drops under my tongue.

It makes me very relaxed and sleepy and lowers the intensity of the headache... for about 30 minutes
    It did save my sanity when there were no other options (my Dr recently put me on migraine meds which works MUCH better).

My mom recently bought some CBD cream to use for some of her pains and she swears by it. I may try some one of these days, but I've not found any in my state (I'm in WV, she's in FL, but she found the cream in North or South Carolina lol). I can't make on-line purchases because I don't have a bank credit/debit card (how they verify your age, I think). My pre-paid debit card doesn't work for CBD.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Hey, @Redbone. I have Ehlers-Danlos as well. Type 3 (Hypermobility). Over the decades, I've either acclimated to or accommodated most of the pain. (I've gotten used to my joint pain, for the most part. My back pain, however, is debilitating, so I just don't move lol )

I've had headaches (seemingly) just about every day since I hit puberty. But last year, they stepped up their game and became severe. Out of desperation, I went to my vape shop and asked them about CBD. Pot makes me VERY sick. Even the so-called good stuff makes me feel severely "motion sick".
    The CBD I chose was something like 250mg with NO THC (which I think is still illegal in my state anyhow).
    It doesn't work very well as a vape. It gunks up my coil too quickly. With the shop owners suggestion, I just put a couple drops under my tongue.

It makes me very relaxed and sleepy and lowers the intensity of the headache... for about 30 minutes
    It did save my sanity when there were no other options (my Dr recently put me on migraine meds which works MUCH better).

My mom recently bought some CBD cream to use for some of her pains and she swears by it. I may try some one of these days, but I've not found any in my state (I'm in WV, she's in FL, but she found the cream in North or South Carolina lol). I can't make on-line purchases because I don't have a bank credit/debit card (how they verify your age, I think). My pre-paid debit card doesn't work for CBD.
    Do you mean where it makes you SO dizzy that you’re too afraid to even try and stand up? If I eat even a half of ...whatever size the chocolates are get SO dizzy that I sometimes wonder if I’m going to die from it. So i just curl up on my bed in the tightest ball possible, covering my head and whining “ Staaaaahp!”
    “ Rise up and raise the iron roof off
    Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
    Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)”
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

YES, exactly, @ Yuu. Only, I become so dizzy that I feel like vomiting everywhere
    The vape shop owners told me I'm likely sensitive to the THC and that the CBD shouldn't have that effect; and sure enough, it didn't.

Only, heh, when I get severe vertigo like that, the last thing I want to do is close my eyes. It makes things worse. Instead, I lay in bed with one foot on the ground (something I learned from the few times I had too much to drink rofl). Having a foot on the ground helps stabilize me and hinders the spinning a bit.
    Not closing my eyes is something I learned from having car sickness all my life. Instead, I find a spot to focus on.

So yeah, NO THC for me, please

I take 25 mg CBD oil twice a day. This is a relatively high dose for someone my size but isn't atypical for management of chronic pain.

What I've noticed most directly is an improvement in my sleep, better ability to remember my dreams, and reduced overall anxiety and depression. It's more difficult to gauge how much it helps with pain because that can fluctuate so much anyway, and I've been off my normal medication for about two months. When I'm truly suffering, I'll still turn to ibuprofen because it's what works the best for me. I intuitively feel though that the CBD oil is helping to manage my pain overall.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post

I'm sorry to hear that. EDS isn't fun at all. I hear you on the joint pain. I've learned to live with it too, but there's some days when it overrides my ability to keep it out of focus. I live in WA state so access is pretty easy.

I've used amitriptyline and topiramate for EDS and I like CBD better.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

THANKFULLY, I have a pretty easy time of it. When I was a kid, I called it "glorified double-jointedness" lol.
    Now, I'm eating those words quite a bit.
    I was supposed to wear a leg brace throughout school, but I was bullied and picked on so much, I just hid it in my locker. I developed a chronic limp about 5 years ago or so. I don't know how much of that is due to the EDS or sitting on that foot for 10 hours a day
    I have had thigh pain for, gosh, 15 years at least. It was written off as RLS, but I finally told my new sleep Dr "that doesn't make sense. The only time the pain goes away is by sitting on one foot with the other knee pulled to my chest." He agreed and thinks it's a actually a back problem. No further tests ordered

I swear, if it's not one thing it's another lol

At least pot and/or CBD is becoming legal in so many places and more options are opening up. Glad you have more access and have found something that helps.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    285 so/sp

My mother uses it to treat her insomnia. She praises it like a miracle, but she noticed that she failed multiple home drug tests after taking it despite being weed free for a year. So like, don't go job hunting if you're using it.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    My mother uses it to treat her insomnia. She praises it like a miracle, but she noticed that she failed multiple home drug tests after taking it despite being weed free for a year. So like, don't go job hunting if you're using it.
    Do you happen to know if it was derived from hemp or marijuana? I assume CBD from hemp won't be a problem, but I actually do worry about that.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    That's why it's crucial to research companies and only choose products that were 3rd party tested with the results made easily accessible for the public.