• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I wrote an article a while back and updated some of the info yesterday

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
in the very least it should be covered fully under all private insurance plans. I would be open to the government subsidizing healthcare for those unable to afford mental health care.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frankly there are just some things private citizens aren't able to afford, even if they do work, which means they need help... and it sounds like because of the health coverage you will be able to soon go off disability since you've been undergoing treatment and putting together your career.

disclosure: I have a kid with a preexisting condition that, without my workplace health insurance + state coverage, our family would be destitute and/or my kid would be dead.

Anyway, aside from all that... I am glad you are still around, and you have worked so hard over the years. I appreciate you sharing all of this, most of which I wasn't aware of.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Frankly there are just some things private citizens aren't able to afford, even if they do work, which means they need help... and it sounds like because of the health coverage you will be able to soon go off disability since you've been undergoing treatment and putting together your career.

disclosure: I have a kid with a preexisting condition that, without my workplace health insurance + state coverage, our family would be destitute and/or my kid would be dead.

Anyway, aside from all that... I am glad you are still around, and you have worked so hard over the years. I appreciate you sharing all of this, most of which I wasn't aware of.

I hope I'm able to go off disability but we'll see. I think more than likely I will be. My mom and psychiatrist question if i'll be able to hold a job. My therapist thinks if i gain more confidence I'll do great. I don't know whose correct we'll see. Yeah and healthcare in this country is so inaccesible to so many people. What people don't realize that a lot of people don't want to be on disability but sometimes it's the only option in order to get needed treatment. and it's actually quite hard to recieve.

- - - Updated - - -

in the very least it should be covered fully under all private insurance plans. I would be open to the government subsidizing healthcare for those unable to afford mental health care.
I agree, but a lot of people can't afford private insurance.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope I'm able to go off disability but we'll see. I think more than likely I will be. My mom and psychiatrist question if i'll be able to hold a job. My therapist thinks if i gain more confidence I'll do great. I don't know whose correct we'll see. Yeah and healthcare in this country is so inaccesible to so many people. What people don't realize that a lot of people don't want to be on disability but sometimes it's the only option in order to get needed treatment. and it's actually quite hard to recieve.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I said the government can subsidize and help the ones who can't afford it

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, I work for SSA. I'm on the T2 side, not T16/SSI, but I know it's pretty hard to meet the bar, and I know people personally who you'd think would but have not. So when I see that, it's definitely stating that you needed the financial help.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

- - - Updated - - -

I so often tell people that I would much rather be allowed to work and/or marry but then I would lose disabilty. The response is often a snide “ and you just love that free money huh?!”

Noooo I love not losing coverage for my medicarion which I need to take to not die.

Most people either don’t believe me or think I should “ just pay for it myself” ( over $200,000) because “ muh tax dollars!” It must be great to be so ignorant.

And yes, of course mental heath should be included
It isn’t cheap either.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I so often tell people that I would much rather be allowed to work and/or marry but then I would lose disabilty. The response is often a snide “ and you just love that free money huh?!”

Noooo I love not losing coverage for my medicarion which I need to take to not die.

Most people either don’t believe me or think I should “ just pay for it myself” ( over $200,000) because “ muh tax dollars!” It must be great to be so ignorant.

And yes, of course mental heath should be included
It isn’t cheap either.

Yup and the amount of money I get from it without the help of my mom I would be in extreme poverty

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yup and the amount of money I get from it without the help of my mom I would be in extreme poverty

Uh huh! I would be too if I did not live with my husband. I think I get about...1/6th of what I'd need to live on my own. And part of that goes to what my insurance wont pay for, the amount of which surprises even myself.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Excellent work. I think it's important to provide your own voice as a counter to all of the misinformation people spread about mental health.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Excellent work. I think it's important to provide your own voice as a counter to all of the misinformation people spread about mental health.

Yup! I get a lot of but you're so normal yes that's because I take high doses of meds. If I didn't I wouldn't be. It's frustrating because people don't get it, like I have to keep my stress low. Which isn't always easy, but I have that privilege thankfully. If I didn't I wouldn't be doing as well.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yup! I get a lot of but you're so normal yes that's because I take high doses of meds. If I didn't I wouldn't be. It's frustrating because people don't get it, like I have to keep my stress low. Which isn't always easy, but I have that privilege thankfully. If I didn't I wouldn't be doing as well.

My sister's going through a very difficult period now, and it's worse because I think she's read a lot of misinformation on the web about how all her problems are caused by wheat gluten or some aspect of dietary intake, so she's barely eating. She's not taking care of herself and doing the things she needs to get better, and it's hard on everyone.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My sister's going through a very difficult period now, and it's worse because I think she's read a lot of misinformation on the web about how all her problems are caused by wheat gluten or some aspect of dietary intake, so she's barely eating. She's not taking care of herself and doing the things she needs to get better, and it's hard on everyone.
Yeah she might need an intervention. I needed one I knew something was wrong but didn't know what or how serious it was. One of the things about my illness is you think the delusions are real and you deserve to die so I wasn't going to get help on my own. Because it wasn't that bad. At least in my mind, it was. But I was so sick I didn't know how sick I was until recently. If that makes sense.

Drapeaux

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2

What do you and your family intend to do about this, if you don't mind me asking?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah she might need an intervention. I needed one I knew something was wrong but didn't know what or how serious it was. One of the things about my illness is you think the delusions are real and you deserve to die so I wasn't going to get help on my own. Because it wasn't that bad. At least in my mind, it was. But I was so sick I didn't know how sick I was until recently. If that makes sense.

Would you say it's like knowing things are off, but not understanding the nature of the sickness? Would it be a lack of awareness of the depths of the symptoms?