User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: The Way Out

Default The Way Out

Is there a way out?

Yes, and the way out is factual.

Professor Merve Emre of Oxford University has created the factual way out of mbti in her book called "The Personality Brokers".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so

ib4 new rules ban
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Is there a way out? Yes, and the way out is factual. Professor Merve Emre of Oxford University has created the factual way out of mbti in her book called "The Personality Brokers".
    We have 16 ways in but no way out. This is met as the nature of cults is to have ways in to entrancement or hypnosis but no way out.

And gosh we will even help beginners through one of the 16 doors to enchanted hypnosis. How good of us.

The way out is narrow and disciplined and without the consolations of neurosis. It means leaving our fantasies behind and even our ego, and individuating.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Is there a way out?
    Not really. Capitalism--used here in the Deleuzean sense, primarily as a metaphysical concept--doesn't allow escape as such. Even now, when you imagine that you're passively indulging in some mindful activity, you are generating online content, i.e., positive return for the Google AdSense bots.

That happens because capitalism is invoked wherever systemic efficiency is activated.

Your way out--be it from MBTI or the economy itself--would be to join a monastery and be as inactive as possible. Preferably go offline. That's as close to a steady state as you can get, which is the minimum requirement. Meanwhile, anything you do competently, efficiently, and with the goal of increasing yield will force the hand of capital.
    --- indefinite hiatus ---
    Likes Mole liked this post

IQ of 3000
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post
    Not really. Capitalism--used here in the Deleuzean sense, primarily as a metaphysical concept--doesn't allow escape as such. Even now, when you imagine that you're passively indulging in some mindful activity, you are generating online content, i.e., positive return for the Google AdSense bots.

That happens because capitalism is invoked wherever systemic efficiency is activated.

Your way out--be it from MBTI or the economy itself--would be to join a monastery and be as inactive as possible. Preferably go offline. That's as close to a steady state as you can get, which is the minimum requirement. Meanwhile, anything you do competently, efficiently, and with the goal of increasing yield will force the hand of capital.
    Well, I tried being a hermit in the desert. That doesn't work.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Well, I tried being a hermit in the desert. That doesn't work.
    I'm beginning to wonder whether you're the kind of person who unknowingly follows peculiar subplots, impervious to both the explicit and the implicit message of any text.

IQ of 3000
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm beginning to wonder whether you're the kind of person who unknowingly follows peculiar subplots, impervious to both the explicit and the implicit message of any text.
    I am.

-Zhuangzi

I am.
    Then you should know that life in the desert requires efficiency at every turn. That is to say, your hermetic turn was in effect a full-fledged escape into capitalism.

IQ of 3000
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Then you should know that life in the desert requires efficiency at every turn. That is to say, your hermetic turn was in effect a full-fledged escape into capitalism.
    My point in making the comment is that it turned out to not be an escape. I thought I'd be escaping all the bullshit, but it just followed me. I suppose facing it is the more responsible thing in the end.

-Zhuangzi

My point in making the comment is that it turned out to not be an escape. I thought I'd be escaping all the bullshit, but it just followed me. I suppose facing it is the more responsible thing in the end.
    Jesus Christ. It's as though I could assemble any combination of words, from dadaist chants to CC++ code generation, and you wouldn't absorb a syllable.

But I'll do my utmost to get your attention, in the off chance that something makes it past that brick wall: capitalism is escape itself.