• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Way Out

Mole

Permabanned
Is there a way out?

Yes, and the way out is factual.

Professor Merve Emre of Oxford University has created the factual way out of mbti in her book called "The Personality Brokers".

Mole

Permabanned
Is there a way out? Yes, and the way out is factual. Professor Merve Emre of Oxford University has created the factual way out of mbti in her book called "The Personality Brokers".

We have 16 ways in but no way out. This is met as the nature of cults is to have ways in to entrancement or hypnosis but no way out.

And gosh we will even help beginners through one of the 16 doors to enchanted hypnosis. How good of us.

The way out is narrow and disciplined and without the consolations of neurosis. It means leaving our fantasies behind and even our ego, and individuating.

raskol

Is there a way out?
Not really. Capitalism--used here in the Deleuzean sense, primarily as a metaphysical concept--doesn't allow escape as such. Even now, when you imagine that you're passively indulging in some mindful activity, you are generating online content, i.e., positive return for the Google AdSense bots.

That happens because capitalism is invoked wherever systemic efficiency is activated.

Your way out--be it from MBTI or the economy itself--would be to join a monastery and be as inactive as possible. Preferably go offline. That's as close to a steady state as you can get, which is the minimum requirement. Meanwhile, anything you do competently, efficiently, and with the goal of increasing yield will force the hand of capital.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really. Capitalism--used here in the Deleuzean sense, primarily as a metaphysical concept--doesn't allow escape as such. Even now, when you imagine that you're passively indulging in some mindful activity, you are generating online content, i.e., positive return for the Google AdSense bots.

That happens because capitalism is invoked wherever systemic efficiency is activated.

Your way out--be it from MBTI or the economy itself--would be to join a monastery and be as inactive as possible. Preferably go offline. That's as close to a steady state as you can get, which is the minimum requirement. Meanwhile, anything you do competently, efficiently, and with the goal of increasing yield will force the hand of capital.

Well, I tried being a hermit in the desert. That doesn't work.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then you should know that life in the desert requires efficiency at every turn. That is to say, your hermetic turn was in effect a full-fledged escape into capitalism.

My point in making the comment is that it turned out to not be an escape. I thought I'd be escaping all the bullshit, but it just followed me. I suppose facing it is the more responsible thing in the end.

raskol

My point in making the comment is that it turned out to not be an escape. I thought I'd be escaping all the bullshit, but it just followed me. I suppose facing it is the more responsible thing in the end.
Jesus Christ. It's as though I could assemble any combination of words, from dadaist chants to CC++ code generation, and you wouldn't absorb a syllable.

But I'll do my utmost to get your attention, in the off chance that something makes it past that brick wall: capitalism is escape itself.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Jesus Christ. It's as though I could assemble any combination of words, from dadaist chants to CC++ code generation, and you wouldn't absorb a syllable.

But I'll do my utmost to get your attention, in the off chance that something makes it past that brick wall: capitalism is escape itself.

Sorry, didn't read Deleuze.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for upping my post count. Really high-end content, this.

You're welcome.

Yeo3sMk.gif

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I still want more from this encounter, so let me pick your brain a bit.

1. What is capitalism?
2. How does it relate to MBTI?

To tell the truth, I'm not convinced they're related, especially because the Soviets used a similar system.

raskol

To tell the truth, I'm not convinced they're related, especially because the Soviets used a similar system.
Lol. Even when numbers (to indicate order) and structure (to underline the topic at hand) are introduced does the message make it past that brick wall.

I repeat, what is capitalism? (We'll save MBTI for later.)

PS. Keep in mind that you've entered Mole space, a place where basic natural laws no longer apply.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol. Even when numbers (to indicate order) and structure (to underline the topic at hand) are introduced does the message make it past that brick wall.

I repeat, what is capitalism? (We'll save MBTI for later.)

PS. Keep in mind that you've entered Mole space, a place where basic natural laws no longer apply.

Fine. Capitalism is a way of labeling things to improve efficiency, and because efficiency is bad, labeling is bad. Because MBTI labels things, it's bad. No need to discuss if it works or not. It just splits things into categories which is bad. Because everyone was getting along so well before MBTI came on the scene.

raskol

Fine. Capitalism is a way of labeling things to improve efficiency, and because efficiency is bad, labeling is bad. Because MBTI labels things, it's bad. No need to discuss if it works or not. It just splits things into categories which is bad. Because everyone was getting along so well before MBTI came on the scene.
Finally we're getting somewhere, but let me adjust those statements and remove the emotive baggage. By improving efficiency, capitalism increases return on investment, only to force the reinvestment of this surplus into new, efficient practices. And so on and so forth.

The reason escape and capitalism are so intimately linked is because of this self-amplifying model, where every attempt to minimize waste becomes an activity geared toward reinvestment. As such, anyone who moves away from centers of superfluous output--as in your case, from civilization to the desert--is actually feeling the brunt force of capitalism even stronger than before. The escape reinforces it.

Furthermore, one will necessarily fail as a leach in the desert, where resource efficiency is key. As an unemployed recipient of welfare and health care, however, there is at least a possibility of living without contributing to the economy, but it's admittedly difficult. One must never consume anything, never go online, and never engage in criminal activity that stimulates the supply chain of organized crime, as it generates money which is then laundered as tax revenue for the state. At this point, I should introduce the sayings of Oblomov and Bartleby, but I assume you don't read fiction, so let's just leave them hanging at the end of this dreary sentence.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Finally we're getting somewhere, but let me adjust those statements and remove the emotive baggage. By improving efficiency, capitalism increases return on investment, only to force the reinvestment of this surplus into new, efficient practices. And so on and so forth.

The reason escape and capitalism are so intimately linked is because of this self-amplifying model, where every attempt to minimize waste becomes an activity geared toward reinvestment. As such, anyone who moves away from centers of superfluous output--as in your case, from civilization to the desert--is actually feeling the brunt force of capitalism even stronger than before. The escape reinforces it.

Furthermore, one will necessarily fail as a leach in the desert, where resource efficiency is key. As an unemployed recipient of welfare and health care, however, there is at least a possibility of living without contributing to the economy, but it's admittedly difficult. One must never consume anything, never go online, and never engage in criminal activity that stimulates the supply chain of organized crime, as it generates money which is then laundered as tax revenue for the state. At this point, I should introduce the sayings of Oblomov and Bartleby, but I assume you don't read fiction, so let's just leave them hanging at the end of this dreary sentence.

I was being a tad sarcastic, but now you've written something I need to digest. I'll try and write a real reply at some undetermined point in the future. It could be tomorrow. It could be years. Sorry about the lack of definite commitment to a timeframe.

raskol

I was being a tad sarcastic, but now you've written something I need to digest. I'll try and write a real reply at some undetermined point in the future. It could be tomorrow. It could be years. Sorry about the lack of definite commitment to a timeframe.
And I'll stand guard, holding my breath.