• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Way Out

Mole

Permabanned
The way out, dear readers, is psychological. It is not economic, it is not religious. Rather the way out is the opposite of the way in.

When we are entranced, we enter the trance state and we are hypnotised.

So just as we need an enterance to the trance state, we need an exit. The enterance is through mbti which turns on our fantasy mind, and turns off our critical mind. So to leave the trance state all we need to do is to turn on our critical rational mind.

A good place to start is by reading "The Personality Brokers" by Professor Merve Emre of Oxford University.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The way out, dear readers, is psychological. It is not economic, it is not religious. Rather the way out is the opposite of the way in.

When we are entranced, we enter the trance state and we are hypnotised.

So just as we need an enterance to the trance state, we need an exit. The enterance is through mbti which turns on our fantasy mind, and turns off our critical mind. So to leave the trance state all we need to do is to turn on our critical rational mind.

A good place to start is by reading "The Personality Brokers" by Professor Merve Emre of Oxford University.

What is wrong with the fantasy mind?

When we are children, we fantasise. When we get older, we learn not to fantasise. But maybe fantasising is the better way.

I have studied typology for 8 years. I have also been heavily involved with my fantasy mind for close to 8 years. Hence I cannot deny that there may be something to what you are saying, as a correlation has presented itself. But I view my fantasy as a positive thing. To me, by fantasising I am more in touch with reality than I was before. Really, I have awoken my spiritual mind, and the world has a heavy spiritual component, which I believe is perhaps its most important component.

So before one decides to turn off the fantasy mind, it should first be explained why.

raskol

Ah, but that doesn't foretell the metaphysical coordinates invoked by Frankfurt school-styled critical theorist Merve Emre, who claims that MBTI is:
among the silliest, shallowest products of late capitalism
(The New Statesman)​
Only the Adorno aficionados keep using this term, which was demoted as silly decades and decades ago.

In short, your message is to abandon typology and embrace post-Marxist critical theory:
Best theorists of estrangement? (Other than Brecht, Shklovsky, Arendt, Bakhtin)
Twitter

I repeat, the Mole needs to revisit the ideational framework of the "theorists" he promotes. I, for one, would rather get stabbed repeatedly and have my eyes gouged out ahead of dabbling with "estrangement," fusing Brecht with Shklovsky and *gulp* Arendt.

Merve Emre's and the Frankfurt school's critical theory isn't rational, though. This Freudo-Marxian "hermeneutics of suspicion" is a ceaseless mockery of method and perspicacity, a veritable abortion.

Quoth William Blake,
Sooner strangle an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires.

I get it. Fight irony with irony. Buy my book, it will save you from capitalism.

Mole

Permabanned
What is wrong with the fantasy mind? When we are children, we fantasise. When we get older, we learn not to fantasise. But maybe fantasising is the better way. I have studied typology for 8 years. I have also been heavily involved with my fantasy mind for close to 8 years. Hence I cannot deny that there may be something to what you are saying, as a correlation has presented itself. But I view my fantasy as a positive thing. To me, by fantasising I am more in touch with reality than I was before. Really, I have awoken my spiritual mind, and the world has a heavy spiritual component, which I believe is perhaps its most important component. So before one decides to turn off the fantasy mind, it should first be explained why.

Children live in the fantasy mind, and adolescents add thy ego mind, and grownups add the rational critical mind.

So it is important to be able to move freely at will between the three minds.

We need to know how to enter and how to leave the minds,.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Children live in the fantasy mind, and adolescents add thy ego mind, and grownups add the rational critical mind.

So it is important to be able to move freely at will between the three minds.

We need to know how to enter and how to leave the minds,.

I don't think I added the rational critical mind when I became an adult. I added the synchronistic mind.