• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tribalism and TypoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskol

I brought her up because her and Donald Trump have feuded for a long time, at least back to when Trump had his stupid TV show.
This would be so much easier if you took care to read my posts. In our first exchange, I wrote: "That anti-Semitic trope shouldn't be confused with either hippies or Rosie O'Donnell criticizing aspects of an official narrative." When O'Donnell types, "i still do not believe the official story," she is not affirming the far-right narrative.

I repeat, being a 9/11 truther in 2001 would have tied you in with the far-right narrative of a cabal conducting an inside job. In 2019, in the current far-right paradigm, that very same cabal is now explicitly Jewish and goes by the name the Deep State.

It doesn't. It depends on who they think planned it. A lot of the truther's thought someone like Cheney or Rumsfeld is responsible, ignoring the fact that they could just be opportunists who exploited the situation to get what they wanted anyway. Which actually makes more sense, because if they faked it, why did none of the hijackers come from Iraq? That would have been a lot more convincing to more people.
No. The most prominent far-left personality of that era was Noam Chomsky, and he dismissed it out of hand. In fact, you won't find any leftists adhering to the aforementioned cabal narrative, as the leftist approach is structural in nature and doesn't involve plots drawn by cabals/foreigners/bogeymen.

I'm not sure what the existence of a "far-right" tribe is supposed to mean.
Far-right tribe means exactly that, a political collective whose identity is based on race, tradition, and fear of the other.

I tend to ignore usage of the labels "far-right" or "far-left". It's not because they don't exist, but because it's usually used more to influence the opinion of the reader than actually describe something.
I repeat, far-right is a moniker used to describe the politics of race, tradition, and fear. That's all it means.

I'd maintain that someone who voted for Gary Johnson because they like pot and don't like taxes, Hillary, or Trump is different from the incel and Proud Boy wannabe-stomtrooper dipshits. Not that I agree with the former; it's just that lumping them into a " greater far-right tribe" doesn't actually describe anything. They don't associate with the same people or even vote the same, so why is it a useful description?
The hyphenated term is the point. It is not directed against pothead libertarians, but against those who attached themselves to the greater far-right tribe, which today is the libertarian-to-alt-right pipeline. Feel free to include incels, men's rights activists, paleocons, etc.

I'm not in the algorithm, because I haven't liked a single post for at least a year.
Not you. I'm obviously referring to the guy you're white-knighting for, the guy who jumps into conversations and makes peculiar statements, only to then back away as he runs out of covers or excuses.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is veering too close to political discussion, and is becoming too testy. Closed temporarily for mod review.

Status
Not open for further replies.