• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Smart People Make Stupid Mistakes

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this interview was interesting. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

How Not to Be Stupid

The seven factors, Robinson says in an interview on The Knowledge Project, are as follows:

• Being outside of your circle of competence
  • Stress
  • Rushing or urgency
  • Fixation on an outcome
  • Information overload
  • Groupthink or concern for social cohesion
  • Being in the presence of an “authority” (including yourself)

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought this interview was interesting. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? How Not to Be Stupid The seven factors, Robinson says in an interview on The Knowledge Project, are as follows:
  • Being outside of your circle of competence
  • Stress
  • Rushing or urgency
  • Fixation on an outcome
  • Information overload
  • Groupthink or concern for social cohesion
  • Being in the presence of an "authority" (including yourself)
I feel inclined to concur 100% with this list- particularly the fixation with an outcome, being in the presence of authority/groupthink, and rushing.

I also think it's kind of a short list of INTJ vices in particular, and think of all the types they probably need to hear this the most.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see all of these factors at play, and yeah they make perfect sense.

Mole

Permabanned
When we are entranced by love, by ideology, by spiritual belief, or by mbti, our critical mind goes to sleep, and we lose our sense of good judgement, and we make poor decisions.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You forgot "the lack of good quality information sources".
This one can be absolute hell that may not even be obvious in various situations until it is too late.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel inclined to concur 100% with this list- particularly the fixation with an outcome, being in the presence of authority/groupthink, and rushing.

I also think it's kind of a short list of INTJ vices in particular, and think of all the types they probably need to hear this the most.
1, 4, and 5 seem most characteristic of INTJs; 3, 6, and 7 are usually uncharacteristic; and 2 applies to everyone in their own way.

MyINFJness

Enneagram
*Situationally detached from reality because of the imaginings going on in my head*