• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you consider yourself Patient?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yup. There was a stink bug buzzing around my house yesterday, and I sat on my ass all day waiting for it to die. That might just be laziness though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes, when my Amazon orders don't arrive on time, I don't get really upset.

rav3n

Near limitless patience and tolerance for kids and animals. With adults, I have no patience since they have a reasonable degree of control over their lives and if they feel they don't, that's the same as control over their lives since they choose to giveaway their control.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope.

Easily Bored. I'm the type to wait in line and pacing around a little, look at my phone, toss around a ball to keep me doing something.

Patience for people? Eh, it depends. I don't rush people, but I also don't have a lot of patience for bullshit either.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends on the day and topic, I'd say I'm about average though. Timing can be key at times, so I don't mind waiting under certain circumstances. It's a bit easier when I'm occupied (either physically or mentally). Outside of that, especially when other people are involved or there's nothing to occupy me, my patience burns out very quickly.

I am noted to come across a lot more patient than I actually am.

Mole

Permabanned
I regularly tell them I am patient patient, and they snicker.

And when I am not being humourous, I do a walking meditation whenever I need to wait.

As I enter my meditative state, time disappears, I relax, and beauty appears all around me.

Beauty lies hidden in the quotidian, and reveals itself as we enter meditation and become vulnerable.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
It depends on the day and topic, I'd say I'm about average though. Timing can be key at times, so I don't mind waiting under certain circumstances. It's a bit easier when I'm occupied (either physically or mentally). Outside of that, especially when other people are involved or there's nothing to occupy me, my patience burns out very quickly.

I am noted to come across a lot more patient than I actually am.

How patient are you at procrastinating?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How patient are you at procrastinating?

I don't have a huge amount of patience for procrastination in general, I'm very work/task oriented. I myself do tend to procrastinate sometimes (specifically when I become overwhelmed with information or amount of responsibilities), but even then I quickly become restless and irritable with myself. With others, especially if I'm working in some sort of group project, I love patience very quickly with others procrastinating.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My patience level for long term stuff (investments etc.) is directly proportional to how certain the outcome is and how big the payoff would be. Things like college degrees, rehab, physical therapy, surgery and recovery, investments, organizing conferences, studying for certifications, or even helping those close to me with those things too. If I know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it'll help me or someone close to me down the road to get through, I can bust ass or put my needs on hold for years. I've relaxed on that and have started to actually give some weight to the "now" but that's definitely still my tendency.

For in the moment stuff like crying kids, close to zero. I'm a control freak by (and of) nature, and so if some annoyance is outside of my control it's hard to deal with. Which is contrary to the above because I know that if a kid is crying on a plane, we'll be getting off eventually.

For patience with myself and, say, successfully learning to repair the dishwasher motor.. depends on the day. I can be hard on myself, but I'm getting more tolerant of my own mistakes.

I procrastinate in some areas, but that's mostly learned. I used to be much "better." Too many times I've gone above and beyond and finished like weeks before a thing is due, only to have the thing canceled, changed, or overcome by events. I think that ties in to my first paragraph, since things in those areas have uncertain outcomes by nature of "Oops nevermind"s that may or may not come up.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Patience is definitely not one of my strong suits.

I hate waiting for anything or anyone. I tend to give up on things and people too easily. I'm also not very patient with myself.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
Yes, waiting for stuff has never been a problem for me. The problem is getting stuff done that I know needs to be done.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, mostly, I'm too much of a sloth to care. Waiting in line somewhere? I'll just watch the traffic go buy, look for dogs and cool cars and funny license plates. People are late to show up? More time to introvert. Package is late? I know life without it, I can make it one more day. I know what makes me impatient though, is when people tell me to be ready at a certain time and then I'm ready but they're still off doing something and it's like what's going on here?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have had people tell me I'm patient. I have some tolerance and don't tend to give off that annoyance-type inpatient energy. I don't holler at clerks or demand things from people I know. I'm not always at peace and tend to look towards the future sometimes with anticipation. I can sometimes let go and be in the moment, embrace the moment, or else I'm stuck in an internal anxiety loop. I'm generally patient with students or people in general. I tend to be very laid back and patient until it reaches that "hell no" point, and then I extract myself from the problem or make it go away.