• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Four Days of Intensive Therapy Can Reverse OCD for Years

rav3n

Sooo I don't have anxiety or OCD but- I've never shared this cuz it's a bit personal but at this point it needs to be dealt with- the medication I've said I take to stay alive?
I ..don't. At least not as often as i should. pretty sure it's why my health is getting worse.

I don't dismiss it intentionally, not to be rebellious or because I have something to prove-did that already, died for it, got a 2nd chance, currently blowing it.
When people ask me "Why don't you take it" I have only been able to say " I don't know." It's like it just never occurs to me. It does not exist in my world. It isn't denial either, at least not consciously.,

A few of my very intelligent friends have suggested that it's because my Grandmother got really abusive if I didn't take it. Instead of being grateful for the life-saving stuff I loathed it and it became the most negative influence in my life.

The rational response would be " Well then I should have just learned to take it." but said friends think that since it was such a negative my irrational subconscious just decided it wasn't going to deal with it. Ever.
(Hence my rant blaming my Grandmother)

Is that too personal? I know you guys aren't my therapist but I can't get a single one to see me. I thought if maybe I explained the severity of the situation-with the proper which, sounds like some of you guys might know-I might get someone to listen.

My friends have suggested something called "cognitive...behavioral...something therapy." Is that similar?
I'm no professional but the last part is likely Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) which is known to have some very positive effects on certain mental health issues.

What you're describing, in my unprofessional opinion, sounds like some form of phobia because of trauma. Apparently, the therapy referenced in the opening post does work on phobias and so does CBT.