• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it wrong to have feel a certain way

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
How can we say you are wrong for feeling a certain. It is your feelings it is to a certain extent out of our control. Why do we feel a certain way about a certain situation. You are not wrong to feel a certain way you are human feeling a certain does not make you a bad person you just have your own prejudices and bias. Yoy just got to know how to respond to it right

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Half question/half advice it seems.

Reworded:

Why is it that we are wrong for feeling a certain way for some select situations? It is pretty much out of our control to a certain extent. Why is that we even feel a particular way for a particular situation? It isn’t wrong to feel something, it means that you are human with your own prejudices and biases. There is a correct way of responding to it.

Okay. Lol.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I think feelings are often rather irrational. I often examine my own emotions and compare them to the situations at hand, and if the emotions are unreasonable or make no logical sense then I dismiss them as invalid things that are just occurring for a fleeting moment in time. Feelings are poor substitutes for evidence in terms of foundational support behind reasoning. Detaching from them allows you to be more fair, impartial to yourself, and observe the situations at hand in a way that is far more conducive to solutions.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keep those ppl outta ya life. We don't need their opinion.

Ppl who try to control your feelings are over their head, they need to take a chill pill.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
How can we say you are wrong for feeling a certain. It is your feelings it is to a certain extent out of our control. Why do we feel a certain way about a certain situation. You are not wrong to feel a certain way you are human feeling a certain does not make you a bad person you just have your own prejudices and bias. Yoy just got to know how to respond to it right

There must be a blinding force that allows emotions to be controlled accordingly....Else, emotions can spiral out of control and hence, yield negativity. What I've learned is that I can unintentionally hurt someone and be oblivious to it in the moment....If I step back and reflect on the situation, I then come to realize that I wasn't able to control my outward emotion (in the form of excitement/humor), which resulted in a negative outcome.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Keep those ppl outta ya life. We don't need their opinion.

Ppl who try to control your feelings are over their head, they need to take a chill pill.

Yes, we can't try to control others....We impart change onto ourselves so the outward expression of our evolved identity can impart change onto other's by observation.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feelings are feelings, actions are actions. You can feel one way, but act another. Learning to forgive yourself for feeling certain ways, and doing the right thing regardless is what makes one mature. Feelings can be ugly, everyone has ugly feelings. Remember that you are not alone. There is no shame in being human.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate people trying to control my feelings. If I feel a certain way then I just fucking feel it. We aren't robots anyway. Shit happens.

In which case, one can feel something while acting on them is a totally different story.

If it's destructive I wouldn't advise acting on it, but I can still understand the feeling from time to time having symptoms of BPD myself. Some can be unpleasant or even unhealthy but I wouldn't say it's necessarily "wrong". We all have our internal struggles. If it's too worrying see someone about it. Otherwise, nah. It's normal. Human. I try not to judge as long as one doesn't do anything too drastic.

Mole

Permabanned
They call us judgemental when they don't like us. But a good life requires good judgement.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They call us judgmental when they don't like us. But a good life requires good judgement.

Query: If one has good judgement, are they judgmental?

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think any feelings are inherently bad or wrong, but any actions that might be influenced by those feelings are open for judgment. For example, you might feel extremely angry at your boss for firing you and might fantasize about ways to get revenge. This isn't inherently wrong. But if you then act on that anger and actually retaliate in real life by killing your boss, then I would say you were wrong to do that and should face the consequences. Judgment is more about the action influenced by the feeling than the feeling itself.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Feelings are based on one's understanding of facts/events/stuff. When one's understanding is wrong, then the feelings about those things are unjustified and wrong. Sometimes, you got to tell someone, "Look here. What you think it is, is not what it is." And sometimes, you might be the one on the other end of that. That's never fun.