• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people commit mass murder?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ideology, attention, and/or revenge and anger against society as a whole. Probably.

Journalism and the attention aspect are definitely in a feedback loop.

Mole

Permabanned
Mass murder in the USA is largely carried out by narcissistic individuals. This shouldn't be a surprise as narcissism is a functional part of life in the USA.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
probably because an extrovert forced them to socialize for a week straight, I know that would be my reason.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
probably because an extrovert forced them to socialize for a week straight, I know that would be my reason.

Same.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mass murder in the USA is largely carried out by narcissistic individuals. This shouldn't be a surprise as narcissism is a functional part of life in the USA.

If that were true, we would elect narcissists to political office. Don't be ridiculous.

Lark

Not really. I'm not a sadist and I've never actually harmed anyone. And I don't plan too. So if that's all you got out of that, maybe you should stop reading Erich Fromm and get some original ideas yourself.

Nawh.

I know a good thing when I find it.

ducks

Permabanned
Yeah, I'm sure, coming from a guy that has 25,870 invested posts, yet uses condescension and snide remarks to try and communicate with people.

And for the sake of honesty, it just bothers me that you think so lowly of me, without knowing anything about me, but whatever. I don't know why you said that, but if you wanted to provoke a response, fine congratulations. It would be great if you could have just said what you didn't like about my post and I'd probably respect that. I'm not perfect; I've had destructive thoughts and feelings about things I don't necessarily like (and I don't think I'm the only one and doubt you haven't either), but I really don't appreciate being marginalized like that and I don't think I treat anyone else like that on here.

So if you actually care that I stick around, please stop.