• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which do you value more;

Which one?

• I like being more predictable and as-is

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I like being more deep and complex

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Another question is why you associate being 'deep and complex' with unpredictability and predictability with 'simplicity'? At least, that's how you (seemingly) categorized these characteristics.

It's (probably) no surprise that I value 'complexity' and being 'unique'. But it doesn't have to mean that I am unpredictable (and from what I have noticed/heard- I do seem to be pretty predictable). Predictability is something I value when it comes to how people are able/dare to rely on you, mostly as some foundation of trust. So they know they don't have to walk on eggshells around me, that I stick to my promises, that they can at least get some basic sense of 'who I am' and 'what to expect' (in certain circumstances),...
I wouldn't value predictability in the sense that I am seen as 'mundane'. But someone can be predictable, yet 'innovative' at the same time (as in; they bring great ideas to the table- you know they will).

In real life I'd say that most people don't get past my "what you see is what you get". I rarely open up (and some people have indeed interpret this as me being 'mysterious'- whether or not they thought I was doing it on purpose). The only thing that might have surprised people (especially in the past) is that I am quiet and sometimes shy, but that I am generally not afraid to state my opinion and I won't take other people's shit either.

Do you think people should be more open, as-is, and honest, or is it better (in any way) that they hide a part of themselves?
I don't care, whatever they are comfortable with/suits them. The world is overpopulated- if I don't like them I'll find myself someone else and so will they.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Definitely deep and complex. The idea of being predictable is just...no. Having some know and expect what I'm going to say makes me feel rather one-dimensional. I also dislike the idea of "what you see is what you get", because what are they seeing? I want to have layers, and to have someone learn more about all my different sides. Overall, the idea of being simple is just kind of bland and depressing.

As for people opening up about themselves...I don't really care. I think the idea of people having a hidden side is pretty cool, but then again if we knew what it was I guess it wouldn't be so hidden would it?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The first one. Let the masses underestimate me. It frees me to move about unseen.