• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you help?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
In what ways do you add value to the lives of others? How do you feel you best help others? What do people ask you to help with? Thank you to anyone who responds.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think of ppl as putting my family in their spot. How would I react? Do I care? Would it feel like injustice? I tend to tip my waitresses 25% because if my kid was a waitress I'd want ppl to tip them good. I believe in the golden rule, 'do unto others as you want others to fo unto you.' What goes around comes around.

If I hear/see someone cry or being depressed my wheels turn to face them, I need to talk to them, ask what's going on, hear them out, shed positive light to their situation, tell them I'm here and we can solve this problem by also giving them simple solutions, if they allow hug them/touch their hand/rub their back. I learned this, it wasn't easy as I have never experienced such comfort; but I have matured enough to validate my own feelings or thoughts and of other's.

Depends on the homeless, but sometimes they say nothing and pull my heart strings so I'd wanna give them food. More than not, I understand ppl's situations and how they got there dictating if I help or not; if I feel like enabling their habits or not.

Well, my coworkers ask for me to help their work, my family ask for help with house chores and money for bills. Strangers ask for money. If I ask someone how I could help them, it depends on if they have family or not, but more than not they need help with simple tasks like what they need to know to get their driver's license, or information on meals... Idk. If its a family, just basically watching their kids and/or housework. II've cooked for a family of 7 before, she was a single mother with full time job... They had just lost their father. I cleaned her messy house cuz her kids were young and like acting crazy all over the house. It felt really good being there for them.

How I'd like to help ppl, is become an engineer to help economically; adopt and create social connventions; study cases of the homeless and solve problems (ik some are mentally handicapped/depressed etc). I wanna get involved with the military and create support groups. Once I save money and graduate with my degree, I wanna go to a third world country to help economically... More so Peru first where my roots are and grandma is, I wanna give back. Idk, I have a bucket list; all I know is whenI become rich, I don't plan on having a big house or car... i wanna live simply and travel, so I can spend money on businesses and increase my income.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even tho I'm not an orphan, when I was 15 I heard this song and story from the guy who wrote it; it moved my heart and I really related to it... So ever since then I wanted to adopt. That's how I wanna help. Those kids are like treasures to be found. I add value to their life.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I do it for a living (low income health care and housing) and as a volunteer (registering voters).

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am genuinely trying to work on this going forward, as I've spent a few years recently, especially, not doing this and not extending myself outwardly.

For me I'm going to start trying to just be more positively impactful at work; just focusing on not being another negative in someone/anyone's life that I encounter, but to be either a positive or at worst a neutral 'force'/moment in their day.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I donate to charity quite frequently, and give a portion of my earnings to free-of-charge hospices. I also pick up stranded people, and sometimes give them enough money to get home.

Within my family, I mostly help around the house. I am a do-er, not a comforter.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am really good at helping people look at things from a different perspective and fleshing out their problems by exploring several lines of thought with them. I also do this by writing motivational/educational blog posts.