User Tag List

First 123

Pansexual Primadonna ThoughtBubbles's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

A talent of mine. I am VERY transparent about my shortcomings and can apologize easily. Addicted to omphaloskepsis, yadda yadda.

My former therapist told me I had to learn to be more arrogant about acknowledging my strengths. Some toxic family members growing up tried to make me constantly doubt myself and my abilities especially so I'd be dependent on them. I haven't spoken to them in many years which is good. Luckily, I have gotten a lot better about acknowledging how good I am at things since working on myself. I now see myself (much of the time anyway) as the boss ass bitch I am.
    Likes Generalist liked this post

Eternally Burnt Out RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'd agree with the argument of context. Also, both are very hard for me to accept, but that's probably just a self-esteem issue
    - 6w5 1w9 3w4 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

Likes Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    :(: None

I would say my talents. Because from time to time I even doubt if I even have them. I don't put enough effort in them. Which makes it even more annoying, because I know I am 'good' at something, that I have potential, or that I like something but I don't do shit. And the fact that I don't want to share them with other people.

I've built my whole persona around my flaws, I (almost) admire them so they're not that hard to accept. It's who I am. Knowing your own weaknesses gives you 'power', at least you are aware of them. No one can put me down by my weaknesses, they can by criticizing my talents or the things I like.

Though at other times I'll wonder why I can't just function like a normal person. I always thought that this was a phase, that one day I would magically get better. But that's not how it works, so it's easier to just accept it.

Then again, my opinion about this could change any second. It really depends on my mood.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

the difference between the two is (often enough) primarily circumstance, timing, and method of application... though it is hard to make that argument with many skill/coordination based traits, i can think of examples of that also... for example, the (in)ability to shoot acurately could be either, depending on the factors i mentioned...
    "giving a fuck is my dump stat"
    Likes ThisName, The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

I have a gift in music, but I feel it's still limited in many ways. If you are gifted in something and don't achieve a lot with it, you feel you let people down. Everyone has vices, though.
    Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

As someone who has lived through severe mental illness, the faults just kill me. So of course I prefer the talents.