User Tag List

First 123 Last

Final Farewell

My gifts because I struggle with incessant insecurity over my value and skills. Supposedly I am quite talented at writing psychological analytical pieces (I wrote a short piece on eating and coping mechanisms and my therapist, who worked at an eating disorder treatment center, said that I was able encapsulate many of issues better than most of his former colleagues but I still question it).
    Likes Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Neither and both. Oddly, context matters.
    i more or less agree...
    "The only intelligent tactical response to life’s horror is to laugh defiantly at it.”
    ― søren kierkegaard

“Most men are not wicked... They are sleep-walkers, not evil evildoers.”
    ―franz kafka

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    ― kurt vonnegut

I know my character flaws well. Giving myself credit is another story.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

A talent/gift/aptitude. I have so many, you see, that my brain is constantly overstimulated trying to come to terms with how one person could be so exceptional.

Likes mgbradsh, Generalist liked this post

Artist/Playboy/Traveller Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Generalist View Post
    I know your pain all too well.
    Yeah I agree life is unfair, it can be so complicated to have an incredibly intelligent brain and good looks
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Caffreynated View Post
    Yeah I agree life is unfair, it can be so complicated to have an incredibly intelligent brain and good looks
    I know, I know, we are truly suffering. People just don't get it.
    "My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature." - Claude Monet
    Likes Neal Caffreynated liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    638 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

My gifts, because I have none. Ive struggled just to be competent.

Artist/Playboy/Traveller Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Generalist View Post
    I know, I know, we are truly suffering. People just don't get it.
    I think we should start a support group to help us deal with our awesomeness
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking

In what context?

A gift is only a gift if you can use it.
    A weakness is only a weakness if it actually hinders you.
    風 の 神
    Do you really think your prayers will be answered?

Gifts and talents ime are much more of a struggle to deal with.

For one failures and shortcomings are en vogue right now. It's very trendy to be broken; its courageous to be able to be open about your short comings. I don't exactly know about that. It does take courage to be open and vulnerable. But I think there's a new sense of what is or isnt acceptable to be open and vulnerable about. Seems a slippery slope, but that ties into my point. It's easy to fall down. Gravity does most of the work. Same with failures. Short comings. If I can't be fixed I don't need to do the work to fix me because what's the point? Or I'm too broken to fix myself, it's up to someone else to fix me. Or maybe even I may be broken but at least I'm not as broken as so and so who does this or that. Slippery, rocky slope, everyone falls down at least once in their life.

But gifts. Talents. those require action. Responsibility. Cultivation. Risk. Delayed gratification Other Scary Words; and more set backs than anyone ever properly prepares you for. And not everyone is going to like your gifts and talents, and some of them wont be popular. Never mind the other sacrifices you make for these precious things you've just stumbled upon about yourself in your life. The parties you don't go to because you're honing a gift; the relationships you were to busy for because well, you have to develop your talents or they go to waste and then what's the point of them? Hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades of blood sweat and tears poured into something that all of a sudden is becoming a discipline, the seeds of raw talent have begun to yeild fruit. If all the conditions are right of course. You can still be objectively talented and gifted and subjectively despised in your lifetime and even beyond. Nobody likes anyone to seem too gifted or talented after all makes the rest of us feel funny.

And then there's the fact that if/when you make it known that you have said talents or gifts, well then everyone wants a piece of you for themselves. Pretty soon you find yourself caught up in a wave of adulation and external praise that all the years of criticism both from others and your (mainly) yourself and for a while you just let that Sea of amazing flow over you, and just float on the currents, and for the briefest of moments in time; everything makes sense, this is the moment you were born for, and life is yours and you feel free bourn up upon the fragile fickle whims of the adulation and admiration of the people in your life both familiar and not.

But then you try to move. And you realize, the crowd holding you up is holding you up, it's holding onto you. And the sea like people's approval is a fickle fierce mistress/master. Everyone wants a piece of you for themselves and most of the time they're willing to tear you apart to get what they want from you. And not just strangers. Friends family. Everyone wants, everyone needs, and everyone has a different strategy for getting that piece. Be it: guilt, guile, love, affection, sex, money, pity, parties, inclusions, exclusion, veiled threats, underhanded compliments, overt ultimatums, behind the scenes dealing, whatever it takes....because After all, you're so gifted and talented. Surely you can handle it. And surely being so, you owe a little piece of that to the rest of us?

But of course...
    Because if I couldn't do that much at least?
    Well, what kind of a Butler would I be?
    I am The Cat; who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me...
    The Cat is a fey, mercurial thing, given to fits of pique, moody silences, and eerie displays.
    I'm gonna get ready...
    For the rain to pour heavy...

Likes Generalist, Earl Grey liked this post