• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts! How have you developed your social skills overtime?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My version of small talk is jokes. I didn't develop it on purpose, but have watched a lot of comedy. Mostly I try to see life as funny and sometimes share it in chit chat. Like when I went through the checkout at the grocery store and had some tiny whisky bottles - I told the cashier that I get these for myself and my cats. Or at the music store a colleague asked me the difference between a Bodhran and the frame drum I was holding. I said that the technically complex difference is that mine is flatter. I just say goofy stuff like that and I giggle easily in response to what others say, so it is a weird way to make shyness and nervousness work for me. I just let everything strike me funny.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mostly I just treat things like a script, like if I'm ordering food or making a phone call. Public speaking too. That's more literally a script, but I treat it like a play script and use it as an outlet for self expression. Also this site gets me out there for sure as well as being online in general, and sitting alone certainly attracts people. They're still trash though. Hermiting, lack of friends, whispering to people though. I don't use much social media nowadays either(mostly here and Discord), but I guess that's not a bad thing.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I try to bring comedy in most social conversations. It's something that I guess I learned overtime to help with my social anxiety, but that also comes naturally because I tend to be silly and goofy anyway. The jobs I've had over the years have been in customer service and with time and lots of practice, I've become a lot more confident in my interactions and the way I approach people verbally. Asking questions about them always works, it takes the attention away from me, and there's a pause to collect my thoughts. I also tend to be the person people talk to about their problems, so being the listener has helped as well.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I ritualistically consumed the heart of an extrovert and took their power into myself. :mellow: