User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Touch

Default Touch

Everything about my body language and facial expression screams don’t touch me. It’s actually a form of communication I appreciate though. A warm pat on the back or arm touch can be really expressive without using very many words. It’s also a way someone can tell me (or I can tell them) that they see through my icy exterior and are willing to be affectionate with me.

Anyone else experience this or have thoughts about it?

I recently had a weird interaction I wish I could do over. I work with someone that I have a great deal of respect for. He’s been patting me on the back for a while to show he appreciates me as well. One day, after a long meeting, he was coming into an office and I was heading out and I kind of spun around to close the door and it must have seemed like I was flinching because I caught him mid-reach going for a pat and now things are little awkward. I’m not really sure how to recover that. I’d also say that touch is a language I can read a lot better than I can speak.
    Likes Hermit Of The Forest liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I hugged unlikely person once. More because I liked them and wanted to express that than because I knew they’d react well. They hugged me right back in the warmest, most endearing sort of way. It was amazing.

I’ve done some experiments with hugging acquaintances, with interesting outcomes.

so when i lose my gravity in this sleepy womb
    drifting as i dream, but i'll wake up soon
    to realize the hand of life is reaching out
    to rid me of my pride i call allegiance to myself
    — half•alive

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.
    INTP 9w1 2w3 5w6 so/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Of The Forest View Post
    I hugged unlikely person once. More because I liked them and wanted to express that than because I knew they’d react well. They hugged me right back in the warmest, most endearing sort of way. It was amazing.

I’ve done some experiments with hugging acquaintances, with interesting outcomes.
    What were they???

Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

No one is allowed to touch me. It is lewd and lascivious and gives me the willies.
    -VIDEO EPHEMERA PLAYLIST

poet, philosopher, scientist, xenophile, anthropologist, composer, destroyer, douchebag

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    What were they???
    Haha, mostly just hugging acquaintances to see how they reacted. Results are I now have some new friends, some people I probably won’t hug again, and some people I probably won’t attempt a hug with.

so when i lose my gravity in this sleepy womb
    drifting as i dream, but i'll wake up soon
    to realize the hand of life is reaching out
    to rid me of my pride i call allegiance to myself
    — half•alive

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.
    INTP 9w1 2w3 5w6 so/sx

MBTI
    yupp

I get uncomfortable with light touches, i don't know why just makes my skin crawl. Like if someone accidently brushes against me. eww gross. but if it's not a light touch then i'm fine. the other thing that freaks me out is unexpectant touches.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes asynartetic, Angel Cake liked this post

Soft, Sweet and Fluffy Angel Cake's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I get uncomfortable with light touches, i don't know why just makes my skin crawl. Like if someone accidently brushes against me. eww gross. but if it's not a light touch then i'm fine. the other thing that freaks me out is unexpectant touches.
    I totally get that too... light and/unexpected touches make my skin crawl *shivers*
    Break through the shackles of the mind... unless you like it that way, who am I to judge?

BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/,https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    x2

also, never touch my elbows
    -VIDEO EPHEMERA PLAYLIST

poet, philosopher, scientist, xenophile, anthropologist, composer, destroyer, douchebag
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hugging and touching is not the norm in the place I spent the most time, the semi-rural Midwest. Out on the west coast in the Bay Area, it was all about hugging and showing affection. It was jarring at first, but I got used to it. I don't incorporate touch in most of my communications besides greetings and partings, I enjoy a hug from people I like, and people I'd like to know to like.

Slightly Petulant Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

If it’s my girlfriend, absolutely. Though she’s not super touchy-feely. Anyone else had better keep at least five feet from me. Especially people that feel the need to emphasize words with light touching. Touching me when I’m not even prepared is definitely not a good idea. It’s probably from being a guy and an only child. I didn’t have to roughhouse with siblings. My space was definitely my own.

Edit: I will hug a friend (not a guy lol) who’s going through a rough time.