• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Policing the Normal

Mole

Permabanned
Trolls are brilliant at getting inside us and getting us to harm ourselves. And trolls have a social function: trolls police normality.

Trolls enable the normal to function. Trolls patrol the borders of the normal.

Trolls do have high self esteem because they are socially useful.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's "normal"?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
A terrible and boring state of existence, from what I've been told. I wouldn't know.

This is worse than mole with that community college revolutionary shit.

We are all "normal."
Even those we deem "crazy" are normal as the vast majority of psychosis are developed as coping mechanisms; something every human has evolved to do to protect themselves.
All people are merely products of their circumstances and surrounding. In that way every single one of us is normal. it is those circumstances which may be abnormal.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
This is worse than mole with that community college revolutionary shit. We are all "normal." Even those we deem "crazy" are normal as the vast majority of psychosis are developed as coping mechanisms; something every human has evolved to do to protect themselves. All people are merely products of their circumstances and surrounding. In that way every single one of us is normal. it is those circumstances which may be abnormal.
giphy.gif

Lib

Permabanned
Let me get this straight, you consider yourself normal?

Jaguar

I have a colleague who told me her ENTP husband trolls people online to get them to think. I laughed and said, "I can deal with that reason since so few people actually think anymore." It's certainly not malignant.

Mole

Permabanned
Who polices the abnormal?
The normal police the abnormal every day of their lives.

And worse, normal institutions are devoted to policing the abnormal.

The abnormal cry to the heavens for liberation from the normal every day.

Mole

Permabanned
I have a colleague who told me her ENTP husband trolls people online to get them to think. I laughed and said, "I can deal with that reason since so few people actually think anymore." It's certainly not malignant.
It's interesting, contemplation, as the Ancient Greeks discovered, is our greatest pleasure.

Not all thinking is contemplation. Contemplation requires leisure, relaxation, and disinterested detachment - all the qualities of the literate individual, now being lost under the onslaught of the electronic media.

Mole

Permabanned
Let me get this straight, you consider yourself normal?

Fortuately I had parents who indulged me when I was young, but as I grew older I ran smack-bang into normal institutions.

The normal tell me I should not feel sorry for myself, because feeling sorry for myself is the first step to liberating myself from the normal.

Mole

Permabanned
What's "normal"?
Normal is what is taken for granted, while ecstasy, as the Ancient Greeks discovered, is stepping outside the taken for granted.

Oh Coriolis, If I wasn't so shy, I would take your hand and ask you to step outside the taken for granted into ecstasy.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light cannot exist without the darkness.