User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I used to get defensive when something contradicted the type I believed myself to be- not too beneficial, and that was the reason I was mistyping myself left and right.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I feel that Questioning my type means doubting me as my type I have identified myself as, and getting suspicious that I want to be a certain type I am actually not, or I guess that the "typers "might think that I could just play act as if I were a certain type. If the question is whether I feel offended, my answer is: no. I realize in public forum, every discussion participant is free to tell that they might think that I was not the type I have typed myself as. I just wonder how could I get a free identification while some official assessment is commercialized, that I do not need to pay any penny for the typology typing. The typers seemed to work voluntarily for me. Every discussion participant should be ready and understand that some may not agree with their own identification.
    I think there is no point of trying to hold myself as not my type if I am proven mistyped. The most important thing in typology is to correctly understand myself as myself and also try understanding others as themselves.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 08-15-2019 at 09:02 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think it's natural to be a bit offended, but really, if you have information to share with someone that you feel is beneficial and true, then why not share it?
    the lone star flies alone

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Questioning my type in a detailed manner is no offence. Otherwise it's an offence.
    I often say "psychological impact" because it's a central concept to me.

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Ho, a personal offense? I, personally, wouldn't take it like that. I'll probably find it amusing.

We have specific types self-proclaiming archetypes patrols. He will challenge your ENTJ-ness (He's ESTJ, actually). She will challenge your ENFPness (She's ENFJ, actually). Let them sink in their self-induced psychosis. We show pity for these belligerent people for they can't forge an identity without such an apparatus, and have to validate themselves by projecting on others. Know that they will have to protect that identity by questioning yours, for in their crippled sense of self, if they can't see themselves in you, you are not what you claim to be. Give no fucks about them.

The second type is those who go imbibe typology books or articles and think that gives them the sanctimonious authority of an infallible opinion. No. Stand right there in the corner with your nose pushed as far into the wall crevice as possible, hands in the air, left foot in the air then switch to right foot in the air again and again until I call you for dinner. You've been naughty. Also, if you could sing 'Satan gave me a Taco' backwards, that would be nice.

*sigh*

I'm the same asshole whether IRL or IVL, but I realize a ton of people seem very different IRL.

Yep. Basically, the petty defenders with their "That sounded very *type you don't identify as* here".
    ---

There are people who know themselves better than others, and people who wouldn't trust you unless you're able to see them beyond the outlines. We all watch the same thing but can never see the same thing after all.

If I were to tell @Peter Deadpan that she's an ISFJ, she'll probably cross her arms, pout, and tell me "Pffft, you know me better than that" before looking the other way in disapproval. Because damn her and her 458ness (or not). Deep down that fucker knows I accept her with all I can and cannot see.

Another fool who would try the same thing out of a haughty and unsolicited perspective and he will probably have a hard time recovering from the humiliation he inflicted upon himself.

Coming back to the subject of my arrogant I, I don't identify as a type. If my day to day tendencies and the way I enterprise my people, my family, my business and life goals are governed by ENTJ qualities, I don't care that much. I know better than coin the many insanities of my poised and ambitious self into a mere four letters. The pretentious simpleton on the internet will try to psychoanalyze, and to my own entertainment, he will fall in the most transcendental paradoxes.

-Kim: I came to tell you that you are ExFJ.
    -Me: Oh, interesting. Sit down, have some chips and tell me more.
    -You just gave me chips which means you're giving.
    -Shit man. I can't hide anything from you.
    -You're also good with people, especially women. Only F people are good with people.
    -Man. You, you are something. Continue.
    -The other day you were laughing.
    -Like right now? Hahahaha?
    -Yes! You also make jokes!
    -I should've known they were ESFJ jokes.
    -Yes! They are!
    -Did you know that I am one hell of a cook too?
    -I wouldn't be surprised! That is so ESFJ!
    -Ah, the things you don't know, man. The things you don't know.
    -Remember that one time when you were comforting that woman?
    -Don't tell me. That's also ESFJ?
    -YES! It can't get anymore ESFJ than that!
    -Oh yes, it can. I love my family.
    -Oh my god! Congratulations!
    -I NEED A HUG.

*sips tea*

Ah, the swarms of buffoons on this site. This will always remain relevant.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.
    Likes Yuu, cascadeco liked this post

I have had people tell me I am either an INFJ or ESFJ. I just don't relate to Ni dominance or Si. I am a stubborn as fuck, brutally honest variety of Fe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You see when someone questions your type it doesn't necessarily mean they know you better than you know yourself. It could just mean that they have more (or perhaps less) understanding of the MBTI than you. Knowledge of MBTI aside, you need a certain degree of self-awareness and objectivity about your personality to make an accurate assessment. And there is nothing wrong with someone questioning your type if they do so nicely. As always, if one is truly interested in learning, one must remain open to the possibility of being wrong.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

I'm here for the music.
    He had long since decided that the world, Above or Below, was a place that wished to be deceived, and, to this end, he had named himself from a lie in a fairy tale, and created himself--his clothes, his manner, his carriage--as a grand joke...
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Ah, the swarms of buffoons on this site. This will always remain relevant.
    Some people question my type ( but you know that). Fortunately I'm secure enough to not give two shits what some rando on the internet thinks they know about me.

As for the OP's question, depends on the context. Some do it genuinely, and no, I don't think it's an insult.

Others do just to insult but then it's pretty meaningless. Like the time someone said " nu uh! You're and ESFP!" Really? Really buddy? You wanna say I'm ESTJ , sure but SF is just something NT's say to insult other NTs so it's clearly meant to offend rather than be a sincere questioning.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't really see it as a "personal offense" but more so cruel when the person on the receiving end is literally being steamrolled over, and they cannot defend themselves. When they are purposely being portrayed as being "wrong" to the public with little real interest in where the person is actually coming from. Frankly I don't do well with any approach that attempts to break down facades to expose someone because I don't really have any.

And then you have the issue that some of those with insecure attachment styles may not know themselves, and that is not their fault - it is being psychological maimed and "left open," and they cannot conjure up a secure attachment and a solid sense of self for themselves out of nowhere. They are vulnerable, and it's not from a lack of trying or whatever; it's a genuine psychological inability due to wounding.

Basically, I don't like when someone who is gentle and good is seemingly subjected to 'attacks' - even small ones - when they cannot defend themselves from it. How can that be fair? Also, people with a weaker sense of self will likely be suggestible almost like a child would at times; making it easy to abuse them, and convince them that they are doing things they aren't, that they are someone they are not.

Unwelcome opinion I guess is what I am thinking of. Also there is nothing to "expose" or chip away for some people - what they are telling you is true, they are genuine. And then if you subject them to that anyway, that will only further confuse them. They don't understand this kind of thing.
    496 sx/so | INFP