• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Impairment - Help?

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
Hi. Someone very dear and close to me has cognitive impairment, thing is I don't know if its short term or permanent. However, I think its is likely short term, due to some (slow) progress.

How can I help this person? They also have major depression and really bad anxiety.

How can I get them (slowly) interested in things again... Just anything? Please? :cry::frown:

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let them know they can turn to you. Depending on the level of impairment, maybe they can't drive or get around much and need someone there. Bring food to them. I'm not sure what circumstances would lead to temporary cognitive impairment, but I would try to bring over magazines or something like that, just whatever you can think of to help get their former level of functioning back.

gromit

likes this
DEpending how close to the person you are and how severe the impairment, a very valuable thing would be to help them keep track of their healthcare appointments and to get to them on time.

gromit

likes this
And if you go to the appointment with the person, and there are follow up actions for them to do, help the person with those as well.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you go to the appointment with the person, and there are follow up actions for them to do, help the person with those as well.

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks guys. I will mention, its my mother.