• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Experience Limerence?

Do You Experience Limerence?

• NF - Yes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • NF - No

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • NT - Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • NT - No

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SP - Yes

• SP - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SJ - Yes

• SJ - No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Enneagram
9w1
I experience it, loved it, and now I wish to not feel it. I always get bored of people when the relationship is masked by limerence and false love.
I'm now more interested in figuring out what I want in a girl before even feeling a thing. No more feelings until I can actually see that we can be together for a long time. I'm easily disillusioned so I have to ignore every temptation to go for the first girl I fall with.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or a little bit more Se version:
I would say more visually Se and less audial Se version :gleam:
I feel like I could find this video as a top result on ph lol

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I experience it, loved it, and now I wish to not feel it. I always get bored of people when the relationship is masked by limerence and false love.
I'm now more interested in figuring out what I want in a girl before even feeling a thing. No more feelings until I can actually see that we can be together for a long time. I'm easily disillusioned so I have to ignore every temptation to go for the first girl I fall with.

I'm not sure - are you equating limerence with false love? I don't think it has to be false, at all.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends how you define love.

Of course it does.

You can define love in a meaningful, value-driven, deep way and experience limerence toward someone you love in that way. Even if the limerent state is temporary, the love may not be. Of course I am not arguing that limerence and deep love always go together, but there is no reason they cannot.

Lib

Permabanned
Of course it does.

You can define love in a meaningful, value-driven, deep way and experience limerence toward someone you love in that way. Even if the limerent state is temporary, the love may not be. Of course I am not arguing that limerence and deep love always go together, but there is no reason they cannot.
Possibly. I could hardly believe it, tho. My experience was a total disaster :D

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I didn’t officially vote since I’m applying what limerance means as I understand it to instead ideas and “what-ifs?”...ya, I can have extreme limerance regarding these such things. It’s often to the point where my mind is constantly thinking ahead and towards the future, and the potential and possibility that it may become reality is almost more tantalizing than reality itself, should it ever actually happen. When I tell others I need to get out of my head, it’s often the case where I’d like to for once put on the brakes because I feel I might be missing something here in the now, something critical. I don’t know if I ever really believe that, but I tell myself I should stop running. Maybe not, but...Hell...I’m doing it again...that darned “what-if?” :doh:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Definitely guilty. I tend to do this with the person I'm infatuated with at the moment. I don't even have to really know them, but I'd idealize what they'd be like in my head constantly. I've had it where I felt rejected during a real life encounter once, and yes, it was absolutely painful. There are times even today where I still think about certain LOs from the past, but I don't obsess over them as I did before. Christ, I need help... Honestly though, I thought this was something almost everyone did. Guess I was wrong, and now people know I'm a psycho. :happy2:
lol i also did this alot, teens and early 30s it has subsided alot but i did have several year long fantasies about people i either had brief interaction with or read something they wrote .. next thing i kmow im lost in my head making them adonis.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
This is very relatable. The thing about limerence is also that it doesn't have to be in a romantic way. Speaking for myself. That's the hardest part about it. Am I just obsessed with them or do I truly love them?

It's always fun in the beginning, being obsessed. The intense 'feelings' and thoughts but gosh. Maybe I should try to find a different approach, it's not healthy.

I was wondering if it's 'comparable' with having a 'favorite person (FP)' as people with BPD/ED talk about. I used to read a lot about it and I could always find myself in their description, the intense feelings, splitting, your mood depending upon someone, ...