• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freedom

Mole

Permabanned
Many of us have a boss at work and s boss at home. A few of us dispense with both bosses only to find we have an internal boss who enjoys the power of bossing others,

There are though moments when we are free of bosses, both internsl and external.

kidom

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you put to many effort in who is the boss and you the employer
need to dont care
do your life and if your life is the boss, you are going to be the boss, dont worry

Mole

Permabanned
you put to many effort in who is the boss and you the employer
need to dont care
do your life and if your life is the boss, you are going to be the boss, dont worry

We are moving from a command and control society based on domination and submission to a society based on freedom, empathy and creativity.

Domination and submission even inflect our sexual desires.

At the end of WW II the National Training Laboratory in Bethel, Maine, USA, invented the Encounter Group or the T group to help move us from a war society to a civilian society.

We were highly successful in changing our war society to a prosperous civil society. Of course it is an ongoing process moving from a society based on authority to one based on freedom.

Many fear freedom and cling to authoritarianism even in our personal lives.

La lutte continue.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The planet is literally cooking. Now inland fresh water bodies are becoming infected with deadly algae. The evidence of our civilization's gradual decline is right in front of our eyes, yet we choose to live in denial. We are already in the beginning stages of the next great Mass Extinction. The planet will survive, but it has a way of self-cleansing.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I legally have fewer freedoms than most. Many things which most people consider basic human rights are things which i consider entitlements I can only dream of.

In a way I feel like I'm blessed with a different perspective; the littlest things make me quite happy and I always appreciate the freedom I have over my own mind.
I know it's trite but I am truly the master of my own universe. You can tell me the world is on fire and that I'm walking through a damned warzone but if I decide that I am going through a jaunty stroll of the beach with a Maitai then dammit that's what is going on.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am truly the master of my own universe.

That makes it sound like you ride a winged Unicorn-Tiger hybrid with laser shooting eyes. That would be cool.

Amberiat

Infinity
The planet is literally cooking. Now inland fresh water bodies are becoming infected with deadly algae. The evidence of our civilization's gradual decline is right in front of our eyes, yet we choose to live in denial. We are already in the beginning stages of the next great Mass Extinction. The planet will survive, but it has a way of self-cleansing.

Honestly our civilization is becoming worse by the second, "Mass Extinction" is something I would look forward to like children look forward to Christmas day.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
A wise woman once told me:
“ Human’s are awful, a cancer. Any attempt to save our world will be pointless unless we get rid of at least half the population and continue to remain in negative growth for at least a century.”

Now...who was it who said that....oh yeah! My Anthropology professor!

So...ya know....maybe think about that for a second...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, we’re overdue for some form of major epidemic. Could be an influenza outbreak or something else to kill millions. If not that, maybe a super earthquake or meteor will cause a bunch of tsunamis to wash away all of the coastal populations.

Lark

Well, we’re overdue for some form of major epidemic. Could be an influenza outbreak or something else to kill millions. If not that, maybe a super earthquake or meteor will cause a bunch of tsunamis to wash away all of the coastal populations.

I find it sort of curious to think on these this and almost appear to be looking forward to them. Its something more than misanthropy.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I find it sort of curious to think on these this and almost appear to be looking forward to them. Its something more than misanthropy.

It's...ironic, isn't it? We talk about how the Earth is doomed and the only way to save it is with the death of billions ( which I agree with) of course the unsaid stipulation is "But not me."

I understand the hypocrisy but still think that ...people being ,well, people, it isn't irrational....fairly unreasonable though.

Lark

It's...ironic, isn't it? We talk about how the Earth is doomed and the only way to save it is with the death of billions ( which I agree with) of course the unsaid stipulation is "But not me."

I understand the hypocrisy but still think that ...people being ,well, people, it isn't irrational....fairly unreasonable though.

Exactly.

If you succeed in saving the planet but at the expense of human life then what is the point anyway?

Most of the poor and vulnerable people that its fantasised will disappear or be wiped out have negligible impact on the world's resources anyway.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Exactly.

If you succeed in saving the planet but at the expense of human life then what is the point anyway?

Most of the poor and vulnerable people that its fantasised will disappear or be wiped out have negligible impact on the world's resources anyway.

I do agree that there are far FAR too many people in the world and as much as I bitch about useless people who consume more than 100 x their share ( and give nothing back) if I start to actually give the idea some though I realize that not I-nor anyone- has the right to decide who deserves to die.
It would be great if no one had to die, if people could just stop breeding so damned much for a while but that isn't something I foresee in any future.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That’s the beauty of something like the flu. It won’t discriminate.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
That’s the beauty of something like the flu. It won’t discriminate.

...actually. it would; those fucking stupid yuppies who claim to be "green" but go through hundreds of thousands of anti-bacterial wipes and bottles of hand sanitizer.
Their baseless paranoia has no doubt destroyed their immune systems. Yeah, I could get behind that...

Lark

I do agree that there are far FAR too many people in the world and as much as I bitch about useless people who consume more than 100 x their share ( and give nothing back) if I start to actually give the idea some though I realize that not I-nor anyone- has the right to decide who deserves to die.
It would be great if no one had to die, if people could just stop breeding so damned much for a while but that isn't something I foresee in any future.

Books like Factfulness indicate that the conventional wisdom about over population is wrong, its not in fact, although its a really popular idea and resistance to challenge with facts. I have to wonder about that.

If you've ever read Arslan, a sci fi book about some crazy over population obsessed guy from latin america who over runs the US and USSR simultaneously following some sort of conspiracy, there's scary foreshadowing for what the future could hold for a humanity that gets hung up on that and believes it. Arslan effectively sterilizes the world's population using wars, disease outbreaks and whatever as cover for his activities.

Now the author shrinks from what the ending of that book ought to be. The plot progresses to where the replacement rates for the population guarantee extinction. That should be the finish but instead the world plunges into a mad max style future but babies are being born again (and rape has become epidemic too, earlier in the book its pretty popular, both male and female rape, but the rapist at the finish thing they are saving the planet).

Its a crazy book and it blew my mind but totally thought a lot of the more horrible things happening in it were an upshot of the sort of thinking what chooses death rather than life.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean, if anyone wants me to die in whatever necessary tribulations, I'm willing to be one of the 50%+ that needs to do it (I kind of agree with that proposition lol). Even if no one wants me to die, I'm still willing to do it. I don't care even. Not that my death would save the world; I'm pretty much one of the poor. But still.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
My boss at home is Tony Danza.
My boss at work is Bruce Springsteen.