• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Children's Future. What is the future of our youth?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"I have a saying, "Parents are as mini-gods or sculptors. Their children they raise are a product of the words they use in communicating with their children. If the parents shower unconditional regard and love upon a child and give complimentary and validating comments to their children, then the parents in essence sculpt on their sculpting pottery wheel a strong, straight and beautiful vase. Such a child raised in these conditions is much more likely to develop a strong sense of self along with good self esteem. However the reverse is true. If the parents have issues and take these issues out unto their children with name calling and denigration the vase on the pottery wheel representing the child will be made stunted and warped. Such a child will more than likely develop a poor sense of self and poor self esteem."

Last edited by a moderator:

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
As a whole, not good,but individually could be

Tomb1

"I have a saying, "Parents are as mini-gods or sculptors. Their children they raise are a product of the words they use in communicating with their children. If the parents shower unconditional regard and love upon a child and give complimentary and validating comments to their children, then the parents in essence sculpt on their sculpting pottery wheel a strong, straight and beautiful vase. Such a child raised in these conditions is much more likely to develop a strong sense of self along with good self esteem. However the reverse is true. If the parents have issues and take these issues out unto their children with name calling and denigration the vase on the pottery wheel representing the child will be made stunted and warped. Such a child will more than likely develop a poor sense of self and poor self esteem."

Children are vases. Got it. Very profound.

I don't buy any of that "I'm a product of my environment or the way may parents raised me" crap.

The only sure thing is death. What happens in between is up to me.