• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What scares you?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Politicians banning plastic ketchup packets because of the environment.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Vacuuming in a room by myself. I’d never hear anyone coming up behind me.
Fish. Their faces scare me.

Other than that, like one of Frosty’s points, never reaching my potential.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's hard for me to remember this stuff sometimes, so I'll make a list of it right here in case I ever need it.

1 - Aging. Losing everything that makes life worth living--like mobility and freedom, health, influence, desirability, dignity. Watching the impermanence of life eradicate everything that once seemed solid.

2 - My own capacity to screw up my own life. I had a depressive episode several years ago during which time I realized that all I do is lead myself on these fantastic adventures that end in suffering and misery. As humans, we have the freedom to navigate life however we so choose; yet with great freedom comes the capacity for great failure. You can choose to do something that seems reasonable today, and end up losing everything you own and filing for bankruptcy and living on the streets tomorrow. So much is outside your control and unknown, yet you're somehow expected to navigate it. I've come to realize I'm not competent to run my own life and am always plagued by bad luck. The future, once a source of hope, is now a source of despair because I know I'll make all the wrong choices and be stuck with the pain of the consequences.

3 - What humans are doing to earth. For real guys. I study environment and sustainable development. And we're not making it till the end of the century. Sorry to rain on your parade, but we're utterly fucked. That's not an alarmist position; that's pretty much the mainstream, well-substantiated projection of our future. Trust me, I wish I were wrong. But you know, this is planet earth, where there aren't happy endings.

4 - My finances. Cause I'm legitimately a couple months away from starvation and begging.

5 - Man's inhumanity to man. Humans really scare me sometimes. They're like these rabid, shrieking little monkeys that are in total denial that they're capable of evil. Yet this is a world where mothers leave their kids for dead and so-called brothers sue you in court after your father dies. Where money means more than your life; where you're reduced to your appearance and background; where you're mere refuse to other humans. I don't believe the myth of "good men". All humans scare me, as they scare most *other* wild animals, too. (Luckily, this fear kind of temporarily assuages Number 3 up there. Good riddance, humans. You deserve it.)

6 - War. If you look at every war, just before it there was a power struggle. Think the Civil War was launched just to liberate all those poor slaves? Think again. Just in case you haven't noticed, the Donald is basically taking wrecking balls to the international status quo--and where there's a state of flux, power struggles will emerge. Consequently, I don't find WWIII murmurs to be terribly overblown. And you think the US is gonna survive that? Think we're just gonna sit back on our fat asses and watch bombs fall on other countries this time? Fat chance. Refer to Number 5; I don't wanna be in this position.

7 - My own helplessness. I've been cheated, robbed, beaten, stolen from, rejected, sued, bankrupted, abused, lied to, deceived, betrayed, let down, ignored, abandoned, mocked, walked over, looked down upon, degraded, humiliated, neglected, and ignored...I could go on. If you look at my future projections, there's not much hope of it actually getting any better. Why does this happen? Cause for most of my life I've been a broke, young, white female without social connection, clout, influence, friends, or even familial support. I couldn't do anything about any of this stuff...I had to helplessly look on while the Other Humans behaved exactly the way other humans do. Now at a time of my life when I should be coming into my own, I'm out on the streets again with even less than I started with. I despise my position in life and, once again, I truly fear for the future.

Wow that got quite dark. Sorry.

I don't want any boostrappers coming on here telling me how to lift myself. I'm just talking about the existential horrors I daily face. That was the question.

Also I used to be emetophobic, but after years of dealing with chronic illness, mosquito-born illness, and food poisoning, I've basically stopped caring much if I throw up or not. Also the food doesn't make me sick in other countries the same way it does in the US.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phobias:
  • Diseases... Especially cancer, since I've seen people suffer through that and it looks unbearable. I'm afraid of anything painful to the inside of my body.
  • Needles... I'm still a child whenever I need a shot, and this is what's stopping me from ever getting a tattoo.
  • Heights... I don't know why but it makes my stomach turn.
  • Spiders and bees/wasps/hornets... Other bugs are fine, but those give me the heebie-jeebies.

Intangible Fears:
Someone else having physical control over me. Especially to the point of rape, assault, or murder.
Rejection. I don't really know how to explain this one. I know it's irrational but I find it debilitating.
Failure. I know experiencing it is the only way to succeed, but I can't seem to get over the feeling of not being good enough in the first place.
Loneliness. I fear that I'm going to die alone at the rate my life is going.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bees, house fires, lightning, car accidents, being arrested, loud noises, drowning, condescending laughter, death, war, guns.......

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for the last three and a half years? Trump

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone there will be nothing. Only We shall remain.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone there will be nothing. Only We shall remain.

images

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

trdBopU.jpg

Black Sun

Relying on others for literally anything. In relationships I always like to be the "rock." I fear being around someone I am close to when I am going through a hardship and having them see me stressed. Also, losing my sanity again. Barf.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am scared of losing control of myself.
I am scared of losing my memories.
I am scared of being weak.
I am scared of not being good enough.
I am scared of being evil. (don't laugh :p)

Oh, I did post in this thread before. This list has changed a lot.

1) Scared of flying bugs
2) Scared of illness
3) Scared of giving up
4) Scared of failure

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
...lack of control over my own body, animal deaths, loss, commonality, smoke, having blood drawn, AI taking over the world, climate change, the depths of my own mind.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Mostly that I've ruined my life with reckless decisions, and squandered the truest gift of love that would ever be granted to me.

I'm also scared of walking through my house in pitch darkness, but it's fine if I just shut my eyes completely and feel my way around. What I cannot see cannot hurt me, right? Logic.

I'm also low-key scared of going on completely new adventures without a sidekick. A little enthusiastic encouragement goes a long way. I'm a silly fuck. Poppycock.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Idk what scares me more: kids trick-or-treating this year/spreading germs, or the brutally violent Sugar Riots that would be certain to ensue, should those little larval humans be kept home this Halloween.