• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Lark

There is enough suffering in the world.

My gratitude is for those who do not perpetuate the cycle by displacing vengeance on a new batch of victims.

My gratitude is for those who realise, who understand that no matter how terrible things are or were, it needn't continue.

Let's give the people after us a better world.

When it comes to suffering its the avoidable suffering that's the worst variety and has to go.

Then we can get to work just living with what remains. The unavoidable sort.

And its becoming increasingly important not to confuse the two varieties or imagine that suffering in its entirety can be dispensed with. Both the political left and right have made mistakes on this score.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
The person who bought Snake still gives me (picture) updates every now and then. It's not something I directly asked for but it's nice. The picture she just sent me is so beautiful.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is enough suffering in the world.

My gratitude is for those who do not perpetuate the cycle by displacing vengeance on a new batch of victims.

My gratitude is for those who realise, who understand that no matter how terrible things are or were, it needn't continue.

Let's give the people after us a better world.
Such a beautiful and heartfelt vision for a better world. If only more people embraced it, we would all be better off.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The person who bought Snake still gives me (picture) updates every now and then. It's not something I directly asked for but it's nice. The picture she just sent me is so beautiful.

I almost kinda wish I could've loved snake for you but I suck at reptiles.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my mom willing walked into a creepy alley with me because we were doing Pokemon Go and there was a Wooper. xD She then put up with me taking random AR photos of it the rest of the night... XD

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
That I'm me and not anyone else. Never was one to wish I was someone else anyway though, even in the darkest times. Envy is not my thing.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
For [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] a while back being insightful and caring enough to speak up and say something to me both on this thread and my wall when I was going through something. I didn't say much of anything in response, but it stood out to me and cheered me up a bit.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For being out of mental fog, at least for awhile.:D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am soooooo thankful for each sunny day now and especially that the lake has water in it again after the rain.

In 15 minutes I'm going on my third walk for the day, my second picnic. I packed a fakin' bacon' BLT sammich and chips. I'm going to let myself feel as happy as possible over this scenario.

:happy2:

Lark

I'm grateful for this forum and Prpz setting up some kind of movie night, this is a great idea and I look forward to trying to participate, is it this week? I'm off this week too and that would make it easier to take part too.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am sooo thankful for my salad. It had fresh spinach, cheese, cherry tomatoes, and vinegar oil dressing. It was so delicious that I didn't dare eat a scoop with cheese AND tomatoes.
:bunnyd:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For ginger, cinnamon, oatmeal, and chocolate.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People who are genuinely kind and honest and would never hurt someone with cruel words. Also people capable of acknowledging and apologizing when they hurt people.

Lark

I'm really grateful for really old books, like ones with unacceptable ideas in them, because when I read them and they're full of absurdities and its not some kind of satire but honest to God beliefs then I can reflect that those absurd things are not believed any longer and that maybe in the distant future the things I find absurd today will be forgotten or recognized as absurd then too.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My friends whom idk wtf I did to deserve.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For skilled, compassionate humans. :cry: :wubbie:

(I hate the sappy music soundtrack- I muted most of that)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For Eddie Money coming on the radio while I was driving home exhausted after helping a human & a nonhuman all day on maybe 3 hrs of sleep.

Drowsy at the wheel- a rarity... & Eddie Money saves the day. Night? Idk I'm fucking tired, but blasting that on my drive home singing along with it as loud as possible (& maaaaaaybe pumping my 80s fist at the chorus) was oddly epic enough to my tired brain to make it home.

:offtobed: