• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People who are amazing.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For having a more harmonious relationship with my parents this past year; I love them, but there's been miscommunication about many things over the last two or three years and sometimes I've lost my temper. But, these past few months have been a period of healing and love.

Also, grateful for eggs. Eggs are good.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Half-days at work, and the resulting solitude + music time + extra coffee. Cloudy, cold, rainy days. Sweaters.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am really, really excited about the grilled cheese sandwich and Spaghettios that I am going to have for breakfast. I was thinking about these as I fell asleep last night and get to go fix them now.

:bunnyd:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For this cursed year of trouble blessed year of creative problem solving. Sometimes the most growth comes in the hard years.

For hope, and for not being alone.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The kind of love one can sink into without trepidation and which buoys the spirit.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I'm thankful I figured out which eyebrow to tweeze from above and which one from below, so people can stop getting offended thinking I'm making this face at them...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am also thankful that I accidentally moved in across the street from a wonderful little park. I'm thankful I saw two deer in the forest yesterday which I cannot tell if it's my former deer friend or if this pair is new. The former deer had a young buck and these look like two doe, so I'm not sure, but still thankful to see them. They are like angels to me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My cat, Lemon, has finally started coming up to me on her own and snuggling.

I decided to take a different, more respectful approach with her than my past cats, whom I enjoyed fucking with a bit at times (I mean... it's kind of what people do to their pets). But, she was a rescue... originally a stray kitten. When I first got her, she would get into all sorts of trouble, and she would scarf her food down rapidly, literally shoveling it into her mouth using her lower jaw as a scoop. She was very much wired for survival (and still eats the weirdest fucking human food if offered, like broccoli). She wasn't fond of cuddling, and so I figured I'd run an experiment and let her develop with great autonomy. I made sure to still give her lots of pets and cuddles, but kind of on the run so that she never felt trapped.

She's always been close to me in her own way. She follows me around (oftentimes in hopes of food), and is rather communicative and responsive to me. We talk to each other frequently, and she loves to stretch toward me or reach out to touch me.

Cuddling started near my legs, only pretty recently, and now she's up to laying on my belly, even for an entire nap together.

I love her, in all of her quirky, defective beauty. That's why she's my Lemon.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Console emulators.

EDIT: And eggs that I can eat.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My new Tarot deck. I'm practicing and learning what each cards mean. It's just so cool.
I'm not ready to do cold readings on people I don't know yet. But when the time comes, I wouldn't mind doing it with people on this forum.

Lark

My new Tarot deck. I'm practicing and learning what each cards mean. It's just so cool.
I'm not ready to do cold readings on people I don't know yet. But when the time comes, I wouldn't mind doing it with people on this forum.

I've love to hear a reading from you.

I have a deck but I've not read enough about how to use them nor have I done any readings with them as yet, for myself or anyone else, I am interested in how Jung and others used them in relation to their archetype theory.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Lemon took a nap tonight pressed up against my body, underneath my arm. This was especially meaningful to me because it shows that she's comfortable basically being "trapped" under me, as in she knows I'd release her if she wanted to go.

My patience and space-giving have paid off, finally, after... is it 7 months now?? She was a rotten therapy animal when I really needed one, but I guess I could still use one, so better late than never.

If I am forced to be grateful for something about this year (don't fucking look at me), it's my s-l-o-w-l-y developing patience. I just need to learn when and where to apply it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think happiness is hard to find because it's the shy little sister hiding behind gratitude. She rarely peeks out because she's afraid of people grabbing her.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in mind of being thankful for some of the difficulties in my life. It has made me more adaptable to face new problems. I am free of expectations for life being perfect and can be reasonably happy amidst a terrible mess and pain. I've survived worse and know I can survive more. I've been knocked around way too hard to be dainty or fragile.

I'm also thankful I got to see my mother this morning on a Zoom call. We laughed a lot, she is more confused now with her dementia, but had a feeling of happiness and said random things and we all laughed. I think that actually sums up life for us all. We are all going to die, so we might as well say random things and laugh. Embrace the absurdity.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm relieved to be released of the grip that's been choking me all year. The tears are drying and I can see more clearly now. I'm grateful for finally being able to switch gears.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm grateful that I've not awoken in the middle of the night with hot, arthritic pain and swelling in any of my fingers or toes since I started taking hydroxychloroquine a couple years ago. I am grateful that I can still get the medication that I need despite the idiotic hype around it.