• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hopefully not too often. That shit was unnerving (not knowing if a stray bullet might fly in your dwelling because some crazy went crazier, etc).

Oh yeah, I totally get that feeling. Like on memorial say, I heard s lot of gunfire and fireworks. Even a festive shot might go astray and hit someone. I had someone once shoot out the street light in front of my apartment, wsking me and my BF up in the middle of the night.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, I totally get that feeling. Like on memorial say, I heard s lot of gunfire and fireworks. Even a festive shot might go astray and hit someone. I had someone once shoot out the street light in front of my apartment, wsking me and my BF up in the middle of the night.

& don’t forget the local car dwellers shooting at dog barks in the night.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thankful that I have a variety pack of waffle ice cream cones. I never know when I start eating one if it is plain, caramel, or chocolate swirled. It is like total shock and uncertainty where every possibility is delicious.
:bunnyd:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For misty and rainy early mornings that are just right for walks.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been struggling a bit with asthma which has kept me from finishing a few of my dance classes, but this morning I made it through the entire hour of my Raqs Sharqi, Egyptian bellydance class. The teacher is very sweet and has won competitions and so forth, so she is very skilled, but also a grade school teacher, so good at breaking down the moves. I also felt a little better about myself in the mirror because I don't feel so sick. I did have to take my inhaler to get through the class, but this is a big deal of encouragement to me. This is one of the three big focuses in my life and I've signed up and paid for seven classes a week in all the styles. I feel encouraged again to just keep going each day and not worry about long-term, but keep practicing something every day.

[I think it helped that the past few days I've been sleeping almost all of the time. I think my lungs have healed a little maybe.]

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am grateful that in the event that the fabric of society unravels and all fiery hell spews forth, my home is on the outskirts of town, as in the side of the street that I am on is actually the beginning of a township, whereas my neighbors across the street are technically part of the greater city. But, since boundaries are imaginary anyway, what I really like about it is that it sits elevated on a hill over top all of the houses on that side of the street, looking down on everything West of here, and my backyard is walled off by a row of tree-covered bluffs that span for miles in either direction.

I'm not the paranoid type, and it's not a proper fortress, but I do sorta get off on pretending that it could be.
Also, well water, apple trees, and forest food, and the potential for hidden emergency shelter in the woods.

That's it... I'm ordering a machete tomorrow.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m grateful I live in a nice enough area now that we don’t have to play the “Fireworks or Gunshots?” Game whenever we hear popping outside anymore.

(fireworks went off just now, made me think of it)

Yeaaahhhh always wonder that here cuz Idaho has a lot of people who shoot guns off to celebrate while they're half drunk.... :doh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m grateful I live in a nice enough area now that we don’t have to play the “Fireworks or Gunshots?” Game whenever we hear popping outside anymore.

(fireworks went off just now, made me think of it)

In light of current events, this post probably aged like milk left on the counter for the past few days.
I’m reluctant to open the carton & check, just yet. :mellow:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My RiceARoni is so delicious I don't know what to do.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you tried eating it? Just a thought.
Great idea!
giphy.gif
Now what?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
based off the yumface of the gif? have a smoke and a nap.
I don't have smokes, but I do have a bong, although I forgot how to use it. I'll figure something out.
:shrug:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Electricity. Oh how I've taken you for granted. What would I do without you? Float away without coffee in hand because I don't even have a gas stovetop.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Beautiful mornings, cat hair brushes, sticky rollers.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Friends who actively listen and make me feel heard and seen.