• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That I know who I am and what I've done and can respect myself. That I have grown beyond the wretched thought that one must suffer all the time, that nothing else is real or meaningful. That I am capable of both lightness and heaviness. That I am willing to help others with their burdens and do not pretend that I will help when I am not willing. That I am honest and self-reflective. That I stand up for my friends. That I don't just remain silent and ignore when they are in need. That I try to protect others from the pain that I've experienced, which I try not to drown myself in. And that I can see at least one thing good in the release from bonds I thought were mutual: freedom. Silence from you shall equal silence from me.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm grateful that I never feel bitter towards others, it seems like a one way ticket to not being in possession of oneself to the full extent that is possible. It only leads to the trajectory of one's life being defined into flying straight into a mountain. In this respect at least, I'm pleased that I am by nature not someone who defaults to judging and condemning others. It is painful to be around people for whom that comes easiest. I want to comprehend as much as I can instead. I'm confident that I am not someone who struggles to draw the line nor am I without critical thinking faculties with which to determine when one should cut something off and therefore, do not live in fear. Judgement is based in closing the mind and closing the mind is a trademark fear-based response itself. I do not find much scary and perhaps this is why I struggle to see most things as alarming. I lived through something somewhat strange and difficult at a young age, I had to get through it alone, it made it clear to me that I am someone who knows they can handle anything. I will never go back to being the teenage girl who didn't know who she was, no matter how unhealthy I get down the road, the progress of understanding something is irreversible. I feel like I grown woman now, like someone who is legitimate and whose road/perspective is equally legitimate, like someone who can help others and sees it as natural to do so. I feel like I am myself and that, I am equal to others at last. It's almost hard to put it all into words. But I suppose the most concise summary of it can be conveyed in the spirit of the words I love who I am. Not because it is right nor because I believe I know what is right, but because it is so imperfect and natural. My way is not the way I think is right for all, but it is the way I know to be right for myself.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For candles, and lotion, and lemon balm tea.

Lark

Things lining up for me just so after years of everything falling apart.

This may be happening for me too, I just have difficulty believing it after all the years of shit happening and getting used to that, so now I'm not even sure I believe in better and I'm suspicious about it.

Which I think has become the default option in the wider world too and explains a lot.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
My tattoo artist has an amazing taste in music. I'm so glad she had her playlist shared on Spotify. :')

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That I genuinely do not give a fuck what nearly anyone else wants me to do and cannot be chained against my will by 90% of others.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That I am not a child, who feels things when I do not want to, on the command of others. That I am grow woman, the only person in control of myself. Thank you for the manipulation of my once sensitive and tender emotions throughout my early years, father. Nothing hurts anymore and I am the only one who directs myself.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
My dad brought me lots of food. I am sure I will survive my exams now. Or at least; I won't starve. If I'll really survive my exams is another question...

But yes, delicious spaghetti sauce and stew.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dry shampoo.
(Woke up late)

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
We had 'Christmas' dinner with our roommates yesterday. We were playing this game "Who is most likely to ... ?"
This one question "Who is most likely to get the most piercings/has the most piercings?" came up and everyone pointed at me lmao. I felt so fucking uneasy but also pleased at the same time.

This truly motivates me to spend more money on piercings. Thank you.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This might sound silly and trivial, but a new necklace. I am extremely picky, and I finally have a new one that I like.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
First day back to work and I lead the speed for the entire hub awesome to lead the way

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For all the things that were horrible to live through, the things which felt like curses, that somehow became beautiful and were worked into something good, into blessings.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thankful the cheap lamp I got from Walmart helps me not look scary during video lessons and chats. whoo hoo

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This secondhand Vitamix 5200 blender. :wubbie:

The Cat

Staff member
A patience born of love. :)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Thanks to everyone who's working on Christmas or any other holiday so people like me can still get a smoothie tomorrow.

The Cat

Staff member
Family Meetings that feel like:
What can I say, I'm a softie. :blush: