• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For gas under 3 bucks a gallon.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For an elderly relative being alright after a fall.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the internet - so I can shop without having to leave the comfort of my own home.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm actually really thankful for my little portable washing machine. It gets the clothes fairly clean and dry on the spin cycle. It is soooo much easier than wringing things out by hand - especially the towels.
b2cbf39d4efa46833a5f383eb7bdd68f.jpeg

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A SUCH THING AND NOW I WISH I HAD ONE XD

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For people who lift each other up rather than ignore, push down, or sling mud.

For people who make me feel obnoxiously happy. And confident. And appreciated. And loved.

For kindness.

That my mom is being more careful/people who aren't being careful enough aren't spending time at her house. I might get to see her for her birthday *safely*.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm grateful for interactions that are real and void of judgement or flashy colors. I'm glad to have genuine friends, even when I try to convince myself otherwise for stupid fucking reasons. I'm glad people see through my bullshit and care, and want me to care too.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gorgeous golden, red, & orange leaves obscuring most of the blue sky that’s just barely peeking through.
My window frames the best pictures.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
For getting to know my previous housemates. To experience what it's like to be in an environment where people don't talk negatively or gossip about one another (it seems to be a rare thing, but during those two years I never heard them say anything bad). To know what it's like to be included and accepted despite my social awkwardness and my inability to get close to people.

Without them, my experience of going to college in a different city would've been a lot more lonely. Most people in college are all about gossip, talking about others, complaining about school,... I am glad to know that there are still people around who don't do those things, who have substance.

I obviously don't consider these people my friends (sometimes I wish I could) but I'll definitely miss them in some way.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Obscured known truths. Time. Clarity. Resilience. Growth. Forgiveness. Self-reliance. And even the dark night of my soul. Death. Rebirth. Eternal love. Rinse and repeat to whatever extent necessary. The beautiful pain of life and its accompanying lessons, even though sometimes the beauty evades me and I forget the meaning of my existence.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
And also tacos. And my children. And this weird fucking cat. Beards. My old smelly dog. That's too many things. My quota has exploded, abusively so. I've taken it too far. I'm leaving forever now.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm oddly thankful my apartment is icky because as a quarantine location, my immune system is getting a workout.

There are some other hard things happening, but I've been impressed to think that it is to help me be stronger for something I'll have to face.

Edit: Someone was telling me that quarantining can ruin your immune system by not challenging it to new germs and viruses, but then I felt rest assured that is not the case for me in my apartment.
:D

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm grateful that I've been able to spend these months of crisis employed, relatively comfortable, and safe.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is enough suffering in the world.

My gratitude is for those who do not perpetuate the cycle by displacing vengeance on a new batch of victims.

My gratitude is for those who realise, who understand that no matter how terrible things are or were, it needn't continue.

Let's give the people after us a better world.