• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Grateful the NBA bubble is working so far.

Working is a stretch. Thus far there hasn't been any major outbreaks on one particular team, but that's all subject to change considering players keep sneaking out. Regardless, whoever wins the title this year, that title will have a MAJOR asterisks beside it, even moreso than the Spurs 1999-2000 title.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Working is a stretch. Thus far there hasn't been any major outbreaks on one particular team, but that's all subject to change considering players keep sneaking out. Regardless, whoever wins the title this year, that title will have a MAJOR asterisks beside it, even moreso than the Spurs 1999-2000 title.

Working is a relative term, sure. But, they have incredibly strict testing and quarantine sanctions for players who do break the bubble. At the very least, the NBA is more attentive to science and the facts on the ground than the MLB or NFL.

Also, I think you mean the Spurs' 1998-99 title. The Lakers won in 2000.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Working is a relative term, sure. But, they have incredibly strict testing and quarantine sanctions for players who do break the bubble. At the very least, the NBA is more attentive to science and the facts on the ground than the MLB or NFL.

Also, I think you mean the Spurs' 1998-99 title. The Lakers won in 2000.

Yeah you're right. I couldn't remember exactly what year that was but I knew it was sometime around that time period. All I can hope for is the collective powers of the NBA shadow cabal can somehow manage to stop LeBron from winning a 4th title, despite the Clippers imploding and seemingly giving him an easier path to the finals.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah you're right. I couldn't remember exactly what year that was but I knew it was sometime around that time period. All I can hope for is the collective powers of the NBA shadow cabal can somehow manage to stop LeBron from winning a 4th title, despite the Clippers imploding and seemingly giving him an easier path to the finals.

Eh, I have no major issue with LeBron. I don't think the Clippers will implode, though; if anything, the Lakers have struggled a bit more with depth and rotations than the Clippers. As a Rockets fan (wooooh boy, talk about a team equally likely to make the Finals as it is a first-round exit), I hope we can miraculously upset one if not both the major LA teams. My bigger thing is the Bucks could be exposed again with greater defensive pressure like they were against Toronto last year, so I'm hoping for another Toronto-Milwaukee rematch.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an ungrateful bastard.

Black Sun

Had like 1 social media account I used here and there for years. Glad I deleted it today after thinking about doing it for 2 seconds. It is a weight off my shoulders. Slowly losing interest in using my computer at all which is good for me imo.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
That hopefully I will wake up tomorrow

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For special people who think the same things at the same time,

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For people who understand me without explanation; who let me speak for once in my native tongue, relaxed and effortless.

Pinker85

Such a wonderfully healthy and growing period for me. I'm really in an amazing place of change and development, in particular towards authenticity towards myself. I really am so grateful to God as I truly believe it is Jesus Christ that has shown me the way forward. God doesn't ask of us to fit into all the same mould but that we each be our own unique selves with our own unique path. I see that more and more. I'm just in awe of everything God has given me in terms of growing as a person, like I never thought that was part of the package deal.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Clarity and open-mindedness. Empathy, understanding, and forgiveness. Being able to compare my personal experiences to others' in a way which allows me to identify similarities, particularly in suffering, confusion, and survival. Breath and growth, and whatever smidgen of patience I've developed. Also, hugs, even digital ones.
Coffee, for when my first appointment of the day decides not to show up, even though I decided to show up when I didn't want to.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When mentioning I was thinking about teaching, a member said i was intelligent and compassionate and could do well at that kind of thing. I really appreciated the compliment.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Supportive, understanding, and compassionate friends.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thankful that I'm not under much pressure personally or professionally. I do have requirements, but not that feeling of constant demand I can't live up to like has happened in the past in some environments. I let go of religion, let go of a institution based career, let go of personal dynamics involving pressure. My cats demand I refill their bowl every time I'm in the kitchen, but I can handle that, plus I'm rewarded with snuggles and purrs.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The kind of love I've waited forever for.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
People who tip $40 because they feel bad about missing their last appointment. That is a very rare level of consideration and appreciation... most people either don't know or don't care that I do not get paid for my time, just the work that I do.

I insisted he didn't have to, but he out-insisted me, so I gratefully accepted.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Connections than transcend conventional ideals of special connections.