User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Not usually. Life has made me this way. Its been a struggle to try and return to my former self but I'll get there. Even a dont, its worth a try.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    :(: None

I would say yes but I almost never show it. I will 'test' people to see how they react and what they say. It's kinda complicated. As a child I never got much (emotional) support. So in some way I feel as if I don't need it, I am fine on my own... But on the other side I really 'seek' understanding and validation.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    If "needy" is just needing explicit validation from others, then no - that's actually where I should work on accepting that I need some at all.
    Oh yeah. I tried to figure out if I really actually need explicit validation. Because I kept hearing that people need validation. Then eventually what I figured out is I just don't want people to be dismissive if I try to open up or just even try to trust a little. The best way to ensure that doesn't happen is not open up easily. That's how I always worked anyway.

Maybe as a small kid it did help when I received praise and acknowledgement of whatever I was doing or achieving or of how I am/my traits. But no longer, I provide it to myself now.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

I try not to be. It gets dark quick when I am.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    :(: None

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I try not to be. It gets dark quick when I am.
    This to be honest.

Sometimes I even think that it would be better for me if people wouldn't give me any emotional validation at all. Because I can be perfectly fine without it, but as soon as someone -I like- gives me (emotional) validation... It becomes a drug and I keep craving more of it.
    Don't feed the troll. .-.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Friendly Neighborhood Spellchecker. Hexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don’t consider myself needy. I value/appreciate feedback/communication from those I care for/respect, but my expectations of those people are fairly well-calibrated, I think. In more intimate contexts, this sort of feedback is grounding/reassuring, but I don’t think I require it in any excess, nor do I feel terribly panicked when I don’t receive said reassurance. I’ve certainly got my own baggage of insecurities, but I do my very best to ensure no one else carries it. Periodic unpacking/sorting helps keep that load manageable.

We’re born alone. We die alone. Everything in between is a precious bonus, but by no means guaranteed to anyone.. Humans are inherently inconsistent/messy for a host of reasons in life. That’s not even factoring in how some can just die on you. I try to adapt to that everpresent knowledge, & not hang my self value/fulfillment in life on the opinion/affection/approval/presence of others, while still factoring them in quite heavily in some ways— we are social animals after all, & I do feel a sort of universal connection with people, to some extent or another.

I am intensely connected with/attached to a select few. I love the close people in my life with all of myself, but I also accept that I’m not necessarily entitled to that in turn, & even if reciprocated, nothing is truly permanent. And that’s okay. It’s a tightrope act, but what isn’t? In the end, I’m still here, ground beneath my feet, whether someone is holding my hand or not. And life is beautiful.

Despite my sense of connection with fellow humans, I am rather allergic to overly clingy/needy behavior in others. Chock that up to building healthy boundaries over the yrs, & an inborn bit of high introversion, I suppose. I just don’t have the energy to navigate that. It usually stems from issues that should be addressed with a more qualified person, & I’m painfully aware of my own limits.

This only applies to people, of course. I have boundless energy for emotionally (or otherwise) needy cats.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

nope, I got what I needed as a child

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violetsunrise View Post
    nope, I got what I needed as a child
    Lucky.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes violetsunrise, ThisName liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yes... I promise I'm trying to change that though... it's already caused enough frustration for everyone around me... which just makes me want to vanish all the more...
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes ThisName liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Not anymore, but I wish I could be.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell