• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think you’re emotionally needy?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Nyoop.

Which is why it frustrates me that it seems like a physical impossibility for others to give me the tiniest shred of support or acknowledgement.

You'd think that "Hey, could you maybe listen instead of judging for ONCE?" Is asking to sign over the deeds to their homes and souls.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. But I know my friends wished I were even just a little.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
It's tough being bound together with a person.
The one thing you know for certain. The one thing you know is true.
And then they just. Abandon us. Do you know how it feels to have the one, the only thing you love. Ripped away from you?

I try not to act out. Hahah.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Validation? No. I'm more on the invalidating end of the spectrum and that is where my unhealthiness that I need to work on is. Needy of support in the sense of emotional regulation, yes...but for good reasons.

Meowcat

Validation? No. I'm more on the invalidating end of the spectrum and that is where my unhealthiness that I need to work on is. Needy of support in the sense of emotional regulation, yes...but for good reasons.

Can I ask what good reasons you have for this? Thanks

Meowcat

Nyoop.

Which is why it frustrates me that it seems like a physical impossibility for others to give me the tiniest shred of support or acknowledgement.

You'd think that "Hey, could you maybe listen instead of judging for ONCE?" Is asking to sign over the deeds to their homes and souls.

Haha like your irony/humour. Btw I think it just depends on the person. Just keep looking until you find someone who's able to listen and don't try to get blood from a stone

IMO

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Haha like your irony/humour. Btw I think it just depends on the person. Just keep looking until you find someone who's able to listen and don't try to get blood from a stone

IMO

You’re right. In the past couple of days I’ve realized I do have a very small group of friends who really care, but getting them show as much is a lot like pushing a boulder up a hill.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Can I ask what good reasons you have for this? Thanks
Throughout the first 25 years of my life (I'm 28) I was abused in various ways by a psychopath, and as a result I have Bipolar and Borderline Personality Disorder, otherwise known as Emotional Dysregulation Disorder. I'm an ultra-rapid cycler because I have 3-4 day cycles, so my emotions are all over the place. The aforementioned abuse also impacted my ability to develop proper emotional coping skills earlier on as most people do, I still have to learn them.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Most of the time I like to think of myself as independent, self-reliant and unattached, disconnected from others. And I am fine with that, serenity. But then 'suddenly', out of nowhere my emotions seem to shift. I become this lone wolf that has been rejected by their pack and is now left alone to die, if not killed by another animal -then of starvation.
However, this rejection is imaginary and everyone is still there.