User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

No, not when I'm healthy. I'm pretty independent and emotionally stubborn, as in someone might have to gently force their way in to help me emotionally.

I do like attention at times though, like cuddling and playing around. I usually let my partner know I want this in playful ways, like gently messing with his physical space or acting play-bratty/innocent. He likes it, so I guess we're a good match.

None of this is to say I'm not ever emotional or hard to please though, just not needy.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

No. It would be hard to be more on the loner side of social dynamics if you’re constantly seeking emotional support and validation from other people. I spend large amounts of time alone.
    Likes The Blood Orange, LittleCat liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

I don't think I'm anymore emotionally needy than anyone else. I'm average on the scale of it I guessed.

I do require external feedback in my life though. But it's not really for emotional support. I just need validation that I'm doing whatever it is properly because I'm always over thinking, second guessing myself, and over complicating things.
    Likes The Blood Orange liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

only when it is indulged; it sort of recedes into the background otherwise... it's a lot like nicotine addiction... you only miss it so long when it's gone, but you'll still think about it now and then when you see someone smoking...
    "giving a fuck is my dump stat"

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Maybe. I mean. I try not to be but... maybe. Im not as good at not needing people as I like to pretend I an. But because I try not to need people Im probably less emotionally needy irl than most people- probably a good deal less than most people irl. On here... Im needier than I am irl. But I dont want to be too needy. Im working on understanding what is ok- and how to balance all this/

Tempbanned

if you mean I am clingy and get lonely easily yea

but validation from others? I've lived so long without that it is no longer required XD

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I hate sharing my feelings, and I don't really like other people's feelings. Like, not because I don't care, but because I don't know how to handle them. I want to help them, but I don't know what to say. I still want people to feel like they can come to me with their problems, but I don't think I'm of too too much use in that respect. Maybe I'm too critical of myself in this respect 🤷.
    -Kanye69
    Likes The Blood Orange, Bush liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Eh, my confidence in my intelligence is still a bit shaky at times, and is an area I can find a need for outside validation, like whenever coming up with new ideas or thoughts, I might just throw them out there to see how they're received.

If I'm not in a good place emotionally and my thoughts are immediately shot down by someone I am closer to, it can impact me a bit. Usually I only take things more personally from those I trust and have let in, otherwise the shit usually goes unnoticed.

Emotional validation? No, not at all. That area, I have high confidence in and am content amongst a crowd as I am doing my own thing and wandering on some personal adventure

Face tattoo sold separately A-a-ron Carter's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

I have my moments, yet for the most part I don't verbalize them when I am. I'm used to not having much emotional support, thus learning to keep most of my thoughts related to that compartmentalized in the sunken place.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes The Blood Orange, I, Tonya liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I hate feeling needy. I want to be independent, and I don't want others to feel like I'm making them less independent than they could be. Hence I try to never be needy. I think I'm pretty successful in this respect.
    -Kanye69