• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Insight: Do you think are intuitive or insightful? What good is an insight?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"What is insight? Do you think are intuitive or insightful? What good is an insight? How has this gift manifested in your own life? What good are they? Who has the gift of insight? Ultimately why are insights so crucial to the development and progress of the human race?"

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Searching the external world exclusively for happiness is a fool's dream. You will die searching because you never discovered yourself. That is the inner world. The path of self- discovery and finding out what you truly wish for, who is your real self and find completion. Too many times we may ignore the inner universe, searching for peace, as well happiness when these lay within us. To conquer self we must be prepared to look in the mirror of our souls.

A world with no insight would be hell on earth. For how could we grow or become better human beings, and ultimately more humane. Few are brave enough for that, or have the insight to learn how to do it, and thus be free independent beings. Knowledge of self is one of the greatest powers a person may possess. Few take an inside journey to their core beliefs. Few know how. There are no road maps or signs to really tell a person what to do. Each must decipher it for himself/herself. For the price of this wisdom is priceless.

It is invaluable to the human spirit. I have been told I have a gift in insight, both in myself and of others hidden motives. It is a wonderful gift, but it does not change the world, but passion surely has a capacity to do so. This is to say affect changes and make a profound difference of our lives. It is a process of a seemingly paradigm shift, changing the consciousness that we can behold. We will then have a possibility of seeing reality with fresh eyes and a purer mind & consciousness.

Insight is a gift of the universal source, a well of wisdom to tap into. It is invaluable to the human spirit. I do possess some understanding, both good plus an evil is in all. I understand and thus have the ability to lessen judgment. I am but one traveler on this road and I constantly learn thus have some growth so I understand a few dynamics in the convoluted road in gaining an insight with What does make a person tick? It takes some experiences of a lifetime to gain a treasure the like called insight.

If we are lucky, we receive truths both about ourselves as well as about the universe we happen to live in by the gifts of insight. I call them mental plateaus. That is one level of reasoning to another. Sometimes we need a ladder to the next level. What is a valid analogy, why I would propose one analogy that captures the spirit, makes one look to their inner self and come back carrying a profound insight. As in legends the hero has to enter hell, and see a devil, as Jesus went hell-wise and Orpheus, plus mighty Hercules.

There are more stories of a hero entering Hades, coming back changed much as Moses hair turned pure white and he had a glow being in a presence of the Lord. I seemingly walk between the worlds. I bring wisdom but it comes with a cost.

Everything is a double-edged sword. For every gift, there is a veritable price to pay. We must all walk our destinies. You are profound because you understand the intricacies of the stuff of life. Each is different. I say some may not have the gift of insight. We who can articulate what are in the hearts of other human beings, but they have gifts as well. We all need each other one and each for the other. The other day I quoted a prophet by the name of Jesus who metaphorically described some of us as eyes, feet, hands. Not one of can do it alone. Each of us is different with different capabilities, as well as different attributes & a different life mission. It is all part of the whole.

We all have a little devil in us. Another analogy I use is that there is an angel on a shoulder whispering. There is also a devil on the other shoulder hollering. Learn to listen to an inner voice. I call it the universal consciousness. It is there within. It can help perceive thus providing guidance in pursuing an activity where one can enter into a state of ultimate, majestic flow. This is to discover one’s inner gift and those which we were made to do and become on this beautiful planet. One who finds inner peace can begin to listen to the angel. Part of healing is learning to heed the whisper which all of us have the capacity to do so. To not think and reflect is to die of stagnation.

Perhaps the most successful in future humanity will be those they can see other people's world view and synchronize. But one must know self firstly, at the very least a preliminary knowledge. It is if we are all part of a giant crystal or diamond. Call it the eye of Odin, Odin's eye or God's eyes. We need to pool our resources and capabilities into a cohesive whole, getting rid of distortions, which we all have. None of us can see the Truth. We can catch only glimmers of it out of the corner of our eye cutting away at illogical untruth.”

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I'm both intuitive and insightful. I find that I'm good at picking up on problems or connections that others don't yet realize. I think a big part of that is my Ne. Frankly, I'm scattered brained and flighty at times, but I am always looking for a deeper understanding and the ways in which things are connected in the outer world. It fails me sometimes and it makes no sense at others, but i find that I can be pretty insightful when it comes down to it.

I'm also very much a big picture thinker. I think that plays into it as well.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think I'm both intuitive and insightful. I find that I'm good at picking up on problems or connections that others don't yet realize. I think a big part of that is my Ne. Frankly, I'm scattered brained and flighty at times, but I am always looking for a deeper understanding and the ways in which things are connected in the outer world. It fails me sometimes and it makes no sense at others, but i find that I can be pretty insightful when it comes down to it.

I'm also very much a big picture thinker. I think that plays into it as well.

I.m glad I'm an intuitive (INFP). I feel insight both broadens and deepens my understanding of self, others and the world we live in. It is a gift I greatly appreciate.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im stupid, but both insightful and intuitive at the same time.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"I developed insight seemingly from tangential and different areas of knowledge at times that come out of the blue. The light bulb moment, if you will I have used a host of metaphors to explain the gift of insight and putting pieces of the puzzle into place. I have used a mosaic in description. Insight is akin to pieces of the puzzle that seemingly manifest in a pattern once enough variables fall into place. I've often used this metaphor in describing humanity as only pieces of a much larger crystal or diamond.

"Each person lives in a different as well unique phenomenological universe. People live in different perceptual realities and live by different truths. We can only see slivers and angles of both truth and reality based on our limited perceptions. Obviously not everyone can be right. In fact no one is totally right unless they are stating objective fact. It is when we enter the subjective realm of belief and opinion that tension arises. This is why we fight instead of each of us listening to the others viewpoint and seeking to understand their perspective.

I have an analogy that all of us are part of a giant crystal or diamond. Each of us seeing angles of the truth but none of us seeing reality in all it's entirety. I myself use metaphorical language and term it 'The Eye of Odin based on Scandinavian lore. We must acknowledge each individual has a different perspective reality that is just as real to him or her as your own version and perspective of what reality or truth in essence is.

It is by meeting on common ground, respecting individual differences and communicating with respect that we can pool our resources and thereby increase our understanding of reality and the world we live in. We need to pool our resources and capabilities into a cohesive whole in order of getting rid of distortions and errors that may exist in our personal belief system. One must know themselves first or at least have a preliminary and honest knowledge of themselves. Using Plato’s allegory it is like we are in a cave.

What we think we see is only a shadow of a larger looming truth. We hunt and seek the shadows always striving to find the entrance to the cave and see reality clearly in its entirety. We are searching for the brilliance of truth. It is as if the life mission to cut away at illogical untruth. Each of us is different with different capabilities, as well as different attributes and with a different life mission. It is all part of the whole. Perhaps the most successful will be those they can see other people's world view and synchronize." LightSun

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Other people tell me that I am, but I challenge them to back that up with evidence or positive results, and think it's an easy trait to mistake other stuff for - such as just taking pleasure in thinking and systemizing, which presupposes no accuracy. I have insights, but they may be into my ego story as easily or more easily than they may be into my actual self, and into my own world so much more easily than into the ones we share.

IMO, experience is much more important, but challenge that freely.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Ive been told I have a kind of insight. The kind that comes with comedians, other fools and mad men. Do insights matter if they're not taken as insights? Or are they all just the ravings of another mad man or trickster? Is an insight still an insight if no one else agrees? I'd like to think so, but I don't think it matters, the demarcation would be purely aesthetic...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
There's probably a leap of faith involving the emotional mess of human workings that go beyond just the application of a chemical understanding of said workings, which leads to what we call insight.

Probably......:unsure:

For clarification, I offer my opinion, I can't tell you whether it's insightful or not.

rav3n

Throughout my life, been often told that I'm insightful. It's a bit of a curse since people prefer that you perceive their public persona.