• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the hardest thing about being a woman?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having trouble sleeping and came across this thread.

I changed my post to something more positive and in line with the horse discussion. I've heard a couple of different theories about girls' obsession with horses relating to the masculinity that a horse represents. One theory is that it is a safe way to connect to masculinity before thinking of it in terms of sexuality. Another is that it is a way for girls to experience that physical strength and feel more agency in the world.

I didn't experience that connection to horses over other animals, but heard those theories and thought I'd share. I'm not saying it's the explanation, but just some ideas I encountered.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is also a social meme short that was driving me a bit crazy...
"TheFunnyRepublican What is a woman conversation"

I see this approach constantly of trying to force false binary propositions into logical frameworks. They present these oversimplifications with such arrogance like they are Jesus telling parables. It drives me crazy. I commented:

We can define in part what we observe, we can define more fully what we are. What is a cat? Humans have observational definitions for a cat, and can observe that cats appear to dream. What do cats dream? Is it a literal recall or imaginative play of reality like humans? A cat would know. While anyone can define in part through observations, a wise person knows the limits of those definitions.

My comment applies to more than just the gender issue, but for every human experience. I am exasperated by the binary thinking and lack of respect for personal boundaries in society. This isn't just as a woman, but as a human.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it would be interesting to see if women in cultures/environs without horses fixate on other animals and what they would be. Same guys for guy fixations. How tied is it to the specific culture and/or is there an equitable interest in cultures lacking those particular symbols?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, but both of these pretty much fall under "almost nobody does this". I feel like being a horse girl would pretty much be in similar level of privilege as model trains if not higher.

Horses and model railroads are too expensive hobbies -- though I remember an article which stated the death of the Western was partly due to the decline in equestrian skill among the general population who would be extras in the films as opposed to the previously cheap surplus of horses on sets which everybody knew how to ride.

One theory is that it is a safe way to connect to masculinity before thinking of it in terms of sexuality.

Nothing left to the imagination there . . . this is why ladies' bicycles were designed with a lowered, curved central bar to accomodate the long skirt.
https://wonderfulengineering.com/mens-bicycles-horizontal-cross-bars-womens-usually-dont/

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Horses and model railroads are too expensive hobbies -- though I remember an article which stated the death of the Western was partly due to the decline in equestrian skill among the general population who would be extras in the films as opposed to the previously cheap surplus of horses on sets which everybody knew how to ride.

Nothing left to the imagination there . . . this is why ladies' bicycles were designed with a lowered, curved central bar to accomodate the long skirt.
https://wonderfulengineering.com/mens-bicycles-horizontal-cross-bars-womens-usually-dont/
I always thought the death of the Western was because in the 60s space started to become more popular. Sci-fi like The Star Track began to eclipse Bonanza.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I always thought the death of the Western was because in the 60s space started to become more popular. Sci-fi like The Star Track began to eclipse Bonanza.
I enjoy watching Shatner and Nimoy in the old westerns . . . and Diana Muldaur in her youth in Gunsmoke (Dr. Pulaski on TNG who I liked better than Dr. Crusher :sneaky:). Bonanza supposedly had three step brothers meaning three wives who died. Not to get off topic from the thread -- Hardest part about womanhood? Childbirth?