• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Insecurities - you and others

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you do when you see someone is experiencing distress due to trauma or, well lets put it this way. Insecurity being triggered.

Do you recognise it happening to you? What do you need to help you get back to being you?

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is trauma that commonplace that it's normal for people to experience distress? I'm trying to think what situations in my life I have had friends experience trauma... a car accident, bad breakups, dead children... that's all that's coming to mind. And everybody's experience and reaction is different.

As far as insecurity, for me pursuing friendships and relationships with people who help me see my potential is really helpful. And sometimes you've just got to spend some time loving yourself.:wubbie:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you do when you see someone is experiencing distress due to trauma or, well lets put it this way. Insecurity being triggered.

Do you recognise it happening to you? What do you need to help you get back to being you?

Care from a distance. Let them talk if they want to or just go do with them to decompress.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

For openers, not telling them they're "triggered".

I do recognize it in myself, removing myself from that situation is probably the best first step. Beyond that it would depend on the distress.

Lark

I'm not sure that insecurity, distress and trauma are the same things.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Is trauma that commonplace that it's normal for people to experience distress? I'm trying to think what situations in my life I have had friends experience trauma... a car accident, bad breakups, dead children... that's all that's coming to mind. And everybody's experience and reaction is different.

As far as insecurity, for me pursuing friendships and relationships with people who help me see my potential is really helpful. And sometimes you've just got to spend some time loving yourself.:wubbie:

People TELLING me that past experiences were traumatic and making me see a therapist when I was in fact, fine did far more damage than what they claimed had traumatized me. I was a mellow, down-to-earth-kid. I took everything in stride.
It probably also helped that those "Traumatic" situations started before I was even a year so for me it was just normal.

It isn't that odd though, just projecting.

As for my own insecurities....well I guess that I am constantly afraid someone is going to scream at me or tell me I'm doing something wrong. So I tend to be very secretive of my actions-and will usually stop doing them- if someone else is in the room.