• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scarcity & Social Interaction

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey guys. Have any of you ever been so starved for social interaction that you tried to rush a new relationship so quickly that the other person got weirded out, or other interesting things took place? I tend to do this all the time after spending mounds of time by myself. And I do it somewhat naturally anyway. I'm pretty quick at finding out whether the other person and I have common ground or not, and I tend to leap at it, hehe. Also, feel free to just go off of the topic itself. I'm too tired to elaborate, but there's other stuff here :D.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Introvert here... always too busy giving the extrovert daggers for nipping in when I wanted to speak. Rushing in is not usually an option nevermind a problem. Though thinking about it when given the right platform I can go a little headlong....

As for common ground, you are all my experiments. What is this common ground of which you speak?

:newwink:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Heh, I'm the person that get's weirded out when someone tries to rush me :D

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I actually do something similar. But I know I'd be wierding someone out if I came on too strong and started calling them all the time wanting to do stuff, so I start out by giving them a lot of facebook attention, and then hopefully from there, they'll agree to hang out without me pressuring them.

And I have a few friends who I only see maybe once a month, but when we do hang out, we talk for hours. I dunno, they seem alright with it. They sort of disappear too, so it's not like I'm leaving them hanging.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I like socializing...I've just got this thing where it's just really awkward. :B I like it when others take initiative so I can take some cues and decide how I should handle the person.

LucrativeSid

My focus is always very broad. I've never rushed a relationship because it's never been my first priority. I don't care if it takes me a year to get to know someone because it's not like my life feels incomplete until it happens. There's so many people and so many things. I'm always occupied. I never worry about it.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Hey guys. Have any of you ever been so starved for social interaction that you tried to rush a new relationship so quickly that the other person got weirded out, or other interesting things took place? I tend to do this all the time after spending mounds of time by myself. And I do it somewhat naturally anyway. I'm pretty quick at finding out whether the other person and I have common ground or not, and I tend to leap at it, hehe. Also, feel free to just go off of the topic itself. I'm too tired to elaborate, but there's other stuff here :D.

This is what amazes me about the people I know who are both extroverted and intuitive... often the ENTs.

I tend not to rush social interaction. In fact, it is quite the opposite; I tend to withdraw from it, as I prefer to keep to myself. Honestly, it does freak me out a little bit when people come up to me and immediately want to be friends. Being a strongly introverted INTJ, I tend to push back and push them away.

MBTI Type
INxJ
No way. I'm distant on some levels with friends I've known for years. No rushing on my end, ever.