User Tag List

Default Fantasy and Reality

Neurotics build castles in the air, and psychotics live in them. This means neurotics live in a world of fantasy, and psychotics live in a world of delusion.

Both astrology and mbti are fantasies. By contrast both astronomy and psychometrics are reality.

We choose the fantasy of astrology and mbti when reality is too much to bear.

Fantasy relaxes us and makes us feel good at the price of doing good.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Then what are you doing here Mole?

Someone once tried to justify your abhorrent egocentric complex as "he's an old man." Is that true? Doesn't it just kill you inside to know that you are wasting your precious remaining years lecturing a bunch of kids on the internet? Go live your life Mole, go do some good if you're still able.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Then what are you doing here Mole? Someone once tried to justify your abhorrent egocentric complex as "he's an old man." Is that true? Doesn't it just kill you inside to know that you are wasting your precious remaining years lecturing a bunch of kids on the internet? Go live your life Mole, go do some good if you're still able.
    This is just another personal attack, Why not address the issue?

It is simply true that while astronomy and psychometrics are reality, astrology and mbti are fantasy,

But the need for fantasy is so strong, they are willing and prepared to humiliate me publicly for telling the truth.

They need is so strong because fantasy provides relief, consolation, and comfort, from psychological pain.

And so when I tell the truth, they experience psychological pain, and naturally enough, blame me, and then deliberately seek to cause me psychological pain, so I will know how they feel.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

MBTI is a psychometric lol

Quote Originally Posted by unmagic View Post
    MBTI is a psychometric lol
    Mbti is plausible and entrancing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LIE None

I suppose the MBTI is a set of theoretical abstractions that attempts to identify with the main aspects of personality. I think that because a balance in cognitive function is the general pattern of healthy behaviour the MBTI falls short on matching many personalities. Since it isn't scientific and we're relying on our imagination to make the associations it shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's helpful in providing some sense of identity and to get people started in thinking about personality psychology in perceptive ways.

It's true the MBTI can help people with psychological problems and that people can believe in it too much, but it's also often not much more than a bit of fun for people in MBTI communities. I think you could have made more of an effort to make a constructive opening post.
    "We spend our lives fighting to get people very slightly more stupid than ourselves to accept truths that the great men have always known. They have known for thousands of years that to lock a sick person into solitary confinement makes him worse. They have known for thousands of years that a poor man who is frightened of his landlord and of the police is a slave. They have known it. We know it. But do the British people know it? No. It is our task, Ella, yours and mine, to tell them."