• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fantasy and Reality

Mole

Permabanned
Neurotics build castles in the air, and psychotics live in them. This means neurotics live in a world of fantasy, and psychotics live in a world of delusion.

Both astrology and mbti are fantasies. By contrast both astronomy and psychometrics are reality.

Mole

Permabanned
We choose the fantasy of astrology and mbti when reality is too much to bear.

Fantasy relaxes us and makes us feel good at the price of doing good.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Then what are you doing here Mole?

Someone once tried to justify your abhorrent egocentric complex as "he's an old man." Is that true? Doesn't it just kill you inside to know that you are wasting your precious remaining years lecturing a bunch of kids on the internet? Go live your life Mole, go do some good if you're still able.

Mole

Permabanned
Then what are you doing here Mole? Someone once tried to justify your abhorrent egocentric complex as "he's an old man." Is that true? Doesn't it just kill you inside to know that you are wasting your precious remaining years lecturing a bunch of kids on the internet? Go live your life Mole, go do some good if you're still able.
This is just another personal attack, Why not address the issue?

Mole

Permabanned
It is simply true that while astronomy and psychometrics are reality, astrology and mbti are fantasy,

But the need for fantasy is so strong, they are willing and prepared to humiliate me publicly for telling the truth.

They need is so strong because fantasy provides relief, consolation, and comfort, from psychological pain.

And so when I tell the truth, they experience psychological pain, and naturally enough, blame me, and then deliberately seek to cause me psychological pain, so I will know how they feel.

GoldenDawn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I suppose the MBTI is a set of theoretical abstractions that attempts to identify with the main aspects of personality. I think that because a balance in cognitive function is the general pattern of healthy behaviour the MBTI falls short on matching many personalities. Since it isn't scientific and we're relying on our imagination to make the associations it shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's helpful in providing some sense of identity and to get people started in thinking about personality psychology in perceptive ways.

It's true the MBTI can help people with psychological problems and that people can believe in it too much, but it's also often not much more than a bit of fun for people in MBTI communities. I think you could have made more of an effort to make a constructive opening post.