• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life lessons learned that cycle in and out of consciousness.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have recently found a pattern in my own behavior.

What happens is that someone (usually someone and not something) will do something to piss me off. I will stew and be angry and it will come out in ugly ways. As such I observe that it comes out in ugly ways and I don't like that so I want to change that. So then the next step would be taking a moment to myself to talk myself through the emotion when Bob's Bogus Blues tells me I should kill myself and I am much better able to deal with the situation if something similar has happened in recent memory. For those of you who have a mind like a steel trap, this may not apply, but I find the patterns of behavior and my aptitude to cope with unpleasant emotions is an interesting thing to look at.

Ofc there is a ton that just happens in the mind that is hard to identify and examine during this learning process where I had previously gotten pissed and now am handling a similar situation much better. I believe the trigger for dealing with it better is due to a coping mechanism that is not a "good" way to deal with it. In essence, what happens is that at some point I get pushed to the point where I do something as an overreaction to the triggering moment. For some unexplained reason, this seems to "free me" from the burden I had previously held onto in my psyche. It is like a release where I will overcompensate and them be satisfied with my disheveled way of dealing with it. It is a thing of mystery for me to analyze why this happens. Eventually, this kind of mistake builds up and I repeat the process all over.

Not necessarily necessary, but a Jungian perspective on this would be most helpful I think. I could also probably get down with any Psychoanalytical perspective as well. If anyone knows in more detail why this happens, I would like to know.