User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateMoose123 View Post
    Bullsh*t.

There's a middle ground, of course. But remember crooks know how to break rules. The more you place or impose the more they tread those lines. Rules are made for people who already follow them. I will break a rule no problem so long as the result is clear.
    I only get in trouble when I mess up and it falls apart but honestly- short term. People rely on results. They remember those. They will forgive error for bravery. Every. Time.

If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Freedom for me is the ability to walk through life with security, rights and the means to carve your own better tomorrow.
    "We spend our lives fighting to get people very slightly more stupid than ourselves to accept truths that the great men have always known. They have known for thousands of years that to lock a sick person into solitary confinement makes him worse. They have known for thousands of years that a poor man who is frightened of his landlord and of the police is a slave. They have known it. We know it. But do the British people know it?"

I've often wondered if our cravings for freedom source back to our instinctual nomadic lifestyles of following migrating food sources.

At present, very close to my concept of freedom. As a retiree, my lifestyle's very simple, hence sufficiently financially secure enough to not be worried about the future. There's one more step to go where we're awaiting my husband's retirement in a few years, in order to move to a rural area and get off the electric grid, supplementing our diet with garden grown foods but still buying from organic sources.
    Likes Mole, The Cat liked this post

Permabanned

In prosperous countries we have achieved external freedom, and we are learning how to achieve internal freedom.

This means moving from the authoritarian mindset to the mindset of empathy and creativity.

This is being resisted by authoritarian institutions and their members

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Freedom is greatest illusion and lie ever made.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Permabanned

We are born without freedom and only slowly achieve it.

But first we must achieve control. This takes a about 22 years, then comes the hard part: we must give up the control we have strugglevd towards for 22 years. No wonder most of us fall by the wayside and fail to achieve freedom, and naturally we blame everyone but ourselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

“Can people be fair, good, compassionate, and merciful? Of course people have that capacity. I'm saying we have a whole history of fighting for fairness.

There has been slavery since the beginning of time. Is this fair? No. We had to fight a war to establish this "fairness". Hello people there are still child and sex slaves in the world. Is this fair? Was it far that there was segregation? No. Was it fair that women had to fight to get the right to vote? No, but it is nonetheless history. Is it fair that there is female genital mutilation going on? Is it fair that there is the burning of widows on their husband’s funeral pyres going on in India?

Is it fair that we are wiping out animal species? I could go on. I stand by my original premise that both reality and human beings are generally not fair. It is a thought distortion. The sooner we come to grips with this, the sooner we can deal with reality more realistically in addition to being more effective. I very much think and believe this universe doesn't offer any real fairness. Life is not always fair. We must follow our moral conscience.

We must fight for the rights of the individual. Whether they be different, or what, is of no consequence. It is our responsibility as a great nation to be the standard-bearer of democracy, as well as the right's and individual freedom. It takes checks and balances. It takes the enforcement of fairness. Human beings seem to have a greed element. There also is the old adage of power corrupts. It also will take better communication skills along with emotional intelligence and empathy to instill fairness.

True freedom for me would necessitate the basics of human decency. This would include health care, education, a healthy happiness ratio percentage for our country and to close the gap between the super rich and poor. Only then can we march forward and reach our potential as a society in whole."

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    Freedom is greatest illusion and lie ever made.
    I thought that was safety?

Probably apples and oranges...
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes Luminous liked this post

Enneagram
    8w9

The right to maximal self determination, with all the potential pit falls and glories that entails.
    Likes The Cat, Dreamer liked this post

Potential is My Addiction Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Freedom is holding a true belief and confidence in yourself, that you can achieve what you put your mind towards, that the only thing standing in your way, is yourself. Removing those fears and hesitations, and shutting out the naysayers and those that attempt to hold you back because of their own insecurities. Their insecurities are their own, not yours to suffer through with them.

You will only go so far as your dreams will allow, so what's stopping you?
    Likes The Cat liked this post